Discuss Manufactured Curvature 60 x 30 cm Porcelain Tiles In Brick Pattern in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Paul Crosby

Re: Manufactured Curvature 60 x 30 cm Porcelain Tiles In Brick Patter

Morning to all you fellow tilers out there the ones that don't give unnecessary snide remarks on a reasonable question that was asked.
After all said and done I was not on here to be stupid as some others have been on here with there comments back to me.
I only asked a question regarding what the TTA had stated that tiles that are warped and laid in a brick pattern there should be no appreciable difference between levels across tiles so in the eyes of the TTA this can be achieved I didn't state this the TTA did I was only asking your comments and they were good laughable remarks and we all admit it couldn't be done thats what all the comments were on here so whats not understandable about that to all the ones that don't understand but have only come back with slagging off remarks.

- - - Updated - - -

And for that reason I am out.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Colour Republic

The issue I think is that the question and answer could have been all been done and dusted in 30 mins over 1 page not 6!

If you had of just stated that in the first place you would have got a straight answer instead of cat and mouse Q&A's

BTW it is BS that states what it should be, not the TTA, The TTA like most just follow and refer back to BS when in dispute.

Anyway shouldn't you be at work mate??

T

The D

Morning to all you fellow tilers out there the ones that don't give unnecessary snide remarks on a reasonable question that was asked.
After all said and done I was not on here to be stupid as some others have been on here with there comments back to me.
I only asked a question regarding what the TTA had stated that tiles that are warped and laid in a brick pattern there should be no appreciable difference between levels across tiles so in the eyes of the TTA this can be achieved I didn't state this the TTA did I was only asking your comments and they were good laughable remarks and we all admit it couldn't be done thats what all the comments were on here so whats not understandable about that to all the ones that don't understand but have only come back with s******g off remarks.

like deanotile who is the winner of JOTY, winner of JOTM and a winner of the pr ck award well done retire you look and sound like you need to mate.
Like Sir Ramic and Gamm38 these two are like Bill & Ben of the flower top men keep popping up with unnecessary snide remarks and are I know more then you know tilers or they think they do.
And well done Phil your one of the winners to.

- - - Updated - - -

And for that reason I am out.
Ok the TTA are Quoting a standard from the British Standards Institute BS 5385 but you know that right??

C

Colour Republic

Yeah maybe on new work but not on houses that are nearly a 100 years old and have had no end of floor coverings on it.

It doesn't say level, it says "no appreciable difference between levels across tiles" if the floor is all over the place then it needs sorting out first to make it suitable for tiling.

C

Colour Republic

Same as no appreciable difference

Not it's not.

You're point is about bowed tiles, the fact a floor is 100 years old or not doesn't come in to it.

Level and flat are not the same things.

Regardless it seems your client won't like you inspect the floor so you have nothing to worry about as they should.

But honestly leave the bad feeling at the door, anybody that has to wade through 6 pages just to get to the point is likely to be bored when as I say it could have been done and dusted in 1. Just spit it out, then a debate could have been had on BS and if it is at all possible with bowed tiles that are within tolerances stated else where in BS5385

But at the risk of me getting dragged in to another 6 pages... i'm out

C

Colour Republic

The client knew all about their crap floors tiles they inspected them and accepted them to be fitted more likely had a discount on them it's not for me to go around and condemn the manufactures floor tiles that are warped and are manufactured to BS standards

It is your job, You as the professional should have advised them accordingly.

P

Paul Crosby

They were advised on the floor tiles the tiles were all laid out in both brick and in rows so they saw what they were getting and they were adamant on a brick pattern. I didn't quote to give them a detailed survey on ever single one of there floor tiles and then to give them a detailed report back on them it's also the duty of the tile shop salesman to advise them on issues with the floor tiles as well as they are meant know all about what they are selling in the first place.

W

White Room

They were advised on the floor tiles the tiles were all laid out in both brick and in rows so they saw what they were getting and they were adamant on a brick pattern. I didn't quote to give them a detailed survey on ever single one of there floor tiles and then to give them a detailed report back on them it's also the duty of the tile shop salesman to advise them on issues with the floor tiles as well as they are meant know all about what they are selling in the first place.

And thats what they do, sell tiles, and in some cases the particular salesman dos'nt know what to look for so the fixer/tiler is where the buck stops if the tiles have been fitted and are not fit for purpose.

P

Paul Crosby

No the buck stops with the client they selected their floor tiles / they purchased their floor tiles / they inspected their floor tiles / they accepted their floor tiles / they even accepted these floor tiles to be grouted the following day by saying they were very happy for the floor to be grouted.

What's happened they don't like the floor tiles they had selected and purchased and this was after the floor tiles were fitted and grouted and didn't complain till a couple of days after the job was completed.

What it is they don't want to pay for their own bad choices so it's easy not to pay the tilers then it is to blame the manufactures for suppling tile boxes blank because if this information regarding warped floor tiles was printed on the boxes of floor tiles then the client can see what they are purchasing and if not happy they can return them but the reason why the manufactures don't put this information on their boxes of floor tiles as they should do is because they wouldn't sell any if they did so do you think that's fair on the client and tilers.

P

Paul Crosby

They were laid out in both patterns brick and rows they saw what they was getting after all these floor tiles are all EU / BS approved for fitting so it's not compulsory for me to tell or condemn tiles that are manufactured to EU / BS standards like it not compulsory for the manufactures to put this information on their boxes of floor tiles in the first place they make them warped so why shouldn't they be made to put this on their boxes it's the same as me not having to tell client and then ones the client accepts the floor for grouting then they have accepted the tile lipping then the bucks sits with the client.

G

Gazzer

I have tried to paste this email that was sent to a client from The Tile Association but it will not send on this forum I will quote what they have stated to
this client that had tiles fitted in a brick pattern and The Tile Association had a picture of this floor that was laid in a brick pattern with these 60 x 30 cm tiles so they knew it was a brick pattern and they have made a statement like this.
In terms of lipping it states there should be no "appreciable difference" between levels across tiles.

So this is what the TTA say ? but there is no mention of the tiles being known as bowed. It looks like what they have quotes is British Standards.
And have they issued a statement or have they been out to see the job ?

Next , half way through this thread you mention grout residue ? When did this come up.
You really need to re read this thread your self as it has been stated by many that it has made no sense.
It also seems that you want everyone else to take the blame, now while I do have sympathy for you in this situation, You were the tiler. If you knew it was wrong then you should not have done the job.

So before any more bitching can we have the full statement from TTA and photos if possible. Lets just stick to the lippage at the moment.

D

Dougs Third Go

They were laid out in both patterns brick and rows they saw what they was getting after all these floor tiles are all EU / BS approved for fitting so it's not compulsory for me to tell or condemn tiles that are manufactured to EU / BS standards like it not compulsory for the manufactures to put this information on their boxes of floor tiles in the first place they make them warped so why shouldn't they be made to put this on their boxes it's the same as me not having to tell client and then ones the client accepts the floor for grouting then they have accepted the tile lipping then the bucks sits with the client.
I'm not saying it is,,,,,but did you express your concerns?​ it's not exactly a mastermind question.

T

The D

No the buck stops with the client they selected their floor tiles / they purchased their floor tiles / they inspected their floor tiles / they accepted their floor tiles / they even accepted these floor tiles to be grouted the following day by saying they were very happy for the floor to be grouted.

What's happened they don't like the floor tiles they had selected and purchased and this was after the floor tiles were fitted and grouted and didn't complain till a couple of days after the job was completed.

What it is they don't want to pay for their own bad choices so it's easy not to pay the tilers then it is to blame the manufactures for suppling tile boxes blank because if this information regarding warped floor tiles was printed on the boxes of floor tiles then the client can see what they are purchasing and if not happy they can return them but the reason why the manufactures don't put this information on their boxes of floor tiles as they should do is because they wouldn't sell any if they did so do you think that's fair on the client and tilers.
You probably have the attitude that unsuitable materials are not your problem if you did not supply them you just whack them on and it is the clients fault but it is just as much your responsibility to make sure the materials you are using are fit for purpose and by taking the job on you are excepting the materials are suitable. No one held a gun to your head you could have said no I will not fit them.

P

Paul Crosby

I'm not going to express my concerns on EU/BS approved materials that are fit for purpose as you have all admit regarding manufactured warped tiles in a brick pattern and by the sound of it you have all fitted them is this simple enough Doug.

There you are again Bill popping up out of your flower pot.
I'm not bitching I'm just making a point because sooner or later most of you tilers are going to come across this problem or have already but as I have now mentioned it you're going to make your clients more aware of this.
See what should be happening is as someone else has already said is instead of slagging each other of we should get together because we all know there is a big problem with these warped manufactured tiles that are B/S approved and to get the B/S standards to in force it be printed on all the manufactures tile boxes not to be fitted in brick pattern.

deanotile your awake now after your afternoon nap you still sound like your sleepy and to you're reply as stated to doug they were fit for purpose nothing wrong with the materials all EU/BS approved.
Yeah and I bet your say the same to all your clients I will not fit EU / BS standard approved warped floor tiles and this is why your on here all day because you have got no work because you condemn all your jobs because of EU / BS standard approved materials.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dougs Third Go

How on earth do you surmise that people have no work???? There is a little thing called experience and experienced tilers are well aware of bowed tiles and the inherent problems of fixing them brick bond....now if I were you (thankfully I'm not) I think I'd wake up, man up and smell the coffee! admit you've dropped a gonad and move on.

Reply to Manufactured Curvature 60 x 30 cm Porcelain Tiles In Brick Pattern in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
S
Hello all, Can any experts give me some advice please. I have a single brick detached garage...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
J
Hi all At the risk of starting another Rubis are great/Rubis are terrible discussion I have a...
Replies
Views
S
U
About a year ago, I had 64 sqm porcelain tiles installed on top of a concrete slab, forming a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB