Discuss Manufactured Curvature 60 x 30 cm Porcelain Tiles In Brick Pattern in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Re: Manufactured Curvature 60 x 30 cm Porcelain Tiles In Brick Patter

I like most other members feel a little confused. Is this an attack on TF? or TTA? we all know about the problems of large format tiles & brick-bond. I for one always explain to a potential customer the pitfalls of 600x300 brick-bond, sorry if I am missing something. I look forward to the outcome of this.:thumbsup:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I did what thread was you reading put your glasses on you might see a bit better we can all be funny:lol: as you have been we are all in the same game so lets all look after each other when there is truth being told instead of slagging each other off.

Paul you have lost me now sorry, we are all in the same game, but what are you saying? maybe there is another thread I have missed, this is a real friendly forum full of good people trying to give advice. Can you explain to me what you mean?

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Paul Crosby

Dave this client was adamant on having a 1mm joint in a brick pattern and was told by the tile shop salesman that the tiles were pre sealed and the manufactures boxes were completely blank boxes nothing regarding recommend tile joint, nothing regarding sealing, nothing regarding not to be laid in a brick pattern, nothing on flexible adhesive, nothing regarding the microscopic holes in tiles that can cause grout haze on the tile surface just completely blank boxes.

I

Ian

Dave this client was adamant on having a 1mm joint in a brick pattern and was told by the tile shop salesman that the tiles were pre sealed and the manufactures boxes were completely blank boxes nothing regarding recommend tile joint, nothing regarding sealing, nothing regarding not to be laid in a brick pattern, nothing on flexible adhesive, nothing regarding the microscopic holes in tiles that can cause grout haze on the tile surface just completely blank boxes.
Paul, you're still not explaining the situation very well mate. Have you fitted these tiles and now the client is unhappy with the result? And as a result has contacted the TTA?

D

DHTiling

ok.. so 3mm min on floors but can go smaller IMO.. just depends on tile and size of floor area but BS5385 states 3mm min..

Some polished porcs do require a sealer to close the open pores from the polishing process , so as to avoid grout grab.

Putting 2 tiles face to face will determine the amount of bowing and if excessive then i refuse to lay brickbond.

D

DHTiling

Yeah so the TTA say they don't give out information to none members well they did to this client and I know he is not a member.

All of above is common knowledge to tilers paul.. This is taught when learning the trade..

The grout grab can be removed but lippage is not an easy fix... is it bad..?

gamma38

TF
Bedford

You're not doing so bad on the proverbial yourself man with you're one liner riddles man.:thumbsup:
I'm sorry. Your the one that is having trouble explaining as to what your after. I'm not having a go but i don't think anybody really knows what your after or asking????

P

Paul Crosby

No I have only got the clients pictures the client has meant to have had this floor removed so they say without sending any proof of this floor being removed to me so we can't have a proper survey done on it.
And we have been told it cannot be surveyed by photographs only because there the clients photo only.

Reply to Manufactured Curvature 60 x 30 cm Porcelain Tiles In Brick Pattern in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
S
Hello all, Can any experts give me some advice please. I have a single brick detached garage...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
J
Hi all At the risk of starting another Rubis are great/Rubis are terrible discussion I have a...
Replies
Views
S
U
About a year ago, I had 64 sqm porcelain tiles installed on top of a concrete slab, forming a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB