UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Mr Tiler Broke All The Tiles - Help? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Blondie

do you have the name of the tile i have 2 boxes of pizarr negro 600 by 300 slate effect if they will help you can have them.
deanotile-albums-my-pics-picture8168-image000.jpg

Thankyou so much Deanotile! That's a really kind offer. I'm not sure it's the same tile, but I could use them under the concealed parts ie cooker etc. Do you know which store they came from so I can go have a look at them in person - this will give me an idea of how near they are in colour and texture etc. Cheers Deanotile...really appreciate it!! :smilewinkgrin:

B

Blondie

Hiya Blondie,

Looking at your photo (and the socks) they could be a close match to a tile called Nain Nero(?) that are available in Tile Giant.

Hi Sean,

They are similar to these tiles. What I've noticed is though that the rivens in the tiles are very soft and undulating kind of on my tiles - all the tiles I've seen that are similar have a riven that is sharper and more defined. The nearest one I've found is the guy on eBay - that tiles is a softer riven. Cheers though Sean! :thumbsup:

B

Blondie

Thanks for looking Paul...much appreciated. I'm not holding onto any hope that B&Q will still have any now. I know that somewhere in a distant B&Q stockroom there are some odd boxes, but getting them to have a thorough look won't be happening any time soon I'm sorry to say. It's a funny thing, but if it were me working there and I knew how desperate a customer was - I would hunt high and low for them, anything to help out.

Hi Nybor62 - the guy that botched the job was from Harworth, so quite local to us really. I think what I'm gonna do is hang on before I make a final decision on how to complete the job. I know it means my house is a mess for longer, but if I'm patient a while longer some of the same tiles might just turn up. Ya never know...lol. If it starts looking like there's no hope I'll certainly give ya a buzz and see what you think about trying to disguise the bald tile patch! :lol:

Ya know..I posted on here thinking it was worth a try - I never expected there to be SO many good people - willing to help and just caring about my problem. You are all a credit to the tiling profession!! :thumbsup: A really great bunch of people who've managed to restore my faith in peeps again! :smilewinkgrin: Cheers everyone...top Banana!!

B

Blondie

Hey Sean,

Have had a look at the Regal Rock tiles. They look a little bit flatter than my tiles - not as riven..? I think I need to go to some tile showrooms with a sample, that might make it easier to compare possibly?

Am not going away peeps - will keep checking in and soon as I've finished painting the walls and kitchen doorway I will post a pic of that area. It's a bit messy at the mo so don't wanna post a mingy pic. :lol:

D

DHTiling

Hey Sean,

Have had a look at the Regal Rock tiles. They look a little bit flatter than my tiles - not as riven..? I think I need to go to some tile showrooms with a sample, that might make it easier to compare possibly?

Am not going away peeps - will keep checking in and soon as I've finished painting the walls and kitchen doorway I will post a pic of that area. It's a bit messy at the mo so don't wanna post a mingy pic. :lol:

Look forward to them..:thumbsup:

B

Blondie

I've finished the walls and most of the white stuff. Just gotta finish the door and surround - then pics away!! :smilewinkgrin:

Lookin at midday tomorrow - although saying that - my hands feel like two floppy bitsa rag...far too much painting and sanding today!!! lol Hopefully will have two functioning mitts by tomoz! :dita: Hope that looks like I meant it to and not like I've got two middle fingers up...lolol. Sposed to be two hands...hopefully getting better!! :lol:

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
:lol::lol:
I've finished the walls and most of the white stuff. Just gotta finish the door and surround - then pics away!! :smilewinkgrin:

Lookin at midday tomorrow - although saying that - my hands feel like two floppy bitsa rag...far too much painting and sanding today!!! lol Hopefully will have two functioning mitts by tomoz! :dita: Hope that looks like I meant it to and not like I've got two middle fingers up...lolol. Sposed to be two hands...hopefully getting better!! :lol:

:lol::lol:

B

Blondie

:smilewinkgrin: Hey hey! :)

There's been a turning of events.

I know this might sound a little bad. But ya know how desperate I had become to sort out my tiling mess..lol. I went to Mr Tiler's house - he lives very near my mum. He'd told me that he had some of the same tiles as mine in his garden shed when he was at my house and I decided it was worth a toddle over to have a little chatette. Hee hee.

Well..went over and turns out he didnt have the same size tiles, but he had the same ones in a bigger size..ie..600 x 600. Me thinks...yup..can be cut in two!! Yahoo! So. Am no longer short. Well..I am short...but not of tiles..lolol. :hurray:

You peeps here have been:
Super, duper, superb, great, jolly good, rinky tinky and really rather lovely.

Thankyou. Very much.

I am now tiled and back in order.

:smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:

Am smiling a bit here...:smilewinkgrin:

Will it be ok if I come back at some point to ask more stuff?? Would be great!!

:thumbsup::smilewinkgrin::thumbsup::smilewinkgrin:

Debs

Reply to Mr Tiler Broke All The Tiles - Help? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We have to lift a section of floor in the kitchen and would like to replace with the...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.