Discuss My newly updated website is up and running:-) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Just had another good look around the site. Well done G. Lots of information there and all quite unique content.

You want to give some thought for ranking it in Google. Your page title and just a couple of small things would need changing, let me know if you want me to login via FTP and make a couple of small changes (nothing obvious in the site generally, mostly code).

U

user123

Just had another good look around the site. Well done G. Lots of information there and all quite unique content.

You want to give some thought for ranking it in Google. Your page title and just a couple of small things would need changing, let me know if you want me to login via FTP and make a couple of small changes (nothing obvious in the site generally, mostly code).

Thanks, Dan, my site is within Howard's, howardgibbon.com, and he uploads it for me, so does that mean he would have to do something? If yes now might not be the right time, he's pretty busy, too. But if there's another way, go right ahead... :)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Thanks, Dan, my site is within Howard's, howardgibbon.com, and he uploads it for me, so does that mean he would have to do something? If yes now might not be the right time, he's pretty busy, too. But if there's another way, go right ahead... :)

You just need to send me the FTP login details G. Howard doesn't need to do anything at all.

Though send them via PM or email to dan AT untoldmedia.com. :)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
one small point G

your red writing on blue

red and blue are opposite on the colour wheel, the blue background looks nice and I wouldnt change it, the red writing is of equal strength and is competing, you need to lighten the red so its not competing with the blue or pick another colour

I agree too, though I noted you said you weren't a web designer G. Check this out: Color Combinations | Color Schemes | Color Palettes

It's a website that shows you some good colour palettes (to be honest, I too need to take a leaf out of their book for some of my websites!)

Worth noting for the future.

All in all it's a unique website and that's brilliant for the user, I bet all of us read almost everything on there. A nice one-pager that really does the trick.

You just need to get as many people to see it that are in the market for that thing, and with it being so unique you'll own the lot (until you run your courses and end up with competition lol - only messin') so you need to give loads of thought to optimising it.

And lads, please do link to it and mention it in your own website, your customers will love the fact you're so in touch with the custom/bespoke-ness of the industry and should you get work for G via your customers they'll be your customers for life because they wont be disappointed at all in the work, as you can see.

Reply to My newly updated website is up and running:-) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Ok, so i've been looking into creating a website, as we all know, how important our presence...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
T
Not a question, but a suprising observation of an illusion! My next task has been to come up...
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
T
Mods - if you can move this to a better place - please feel free - Not sure where it should go...
Replies
Views
T
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views
Hi all. I have just made a few updates to my website. I currently first rank on page 3 of google...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
My newly updated website is up and running:-)
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.