Discuss My newly updated website is up and running:-) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Phew, I listened to everything everybody said wit thanks: Dan, I made the links open in a new window (via properties, target... blank...) - just realized I forgot that with the etsy one, oops - Mike, I changed the colour scheme so the red won't clash, is that better?, Rob, thanks for you previous advice about labelling each image with my name and the word mosaic, too, now if anyone hovers over the images there is a description there, and please all who missed the stolen mosaic thread ages ago, please hovver over the snakepot. And H put a code in for me to copyright the images so they are impossible to copy now, well for most people anyhow.
For some reason firefox seems very slow in updating, and is as yet still showing yesterday's site, but if the MAKEitSO MOSAICS title is a shaded (rather than block colour) green and cerise you got the new one - all feedback again would be gratefuly received. :thumbsup:

Also :lol: I wonder how long it will take some of you guys to find the links to our sites?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
After doing all the right things, clearing the firefox and my pc's system cache, firefox is still only showing my previous website, what is going on?? I can view it in Internet Explorer... really frustrating, like firefox usually and it is my default browser with all my favourite settings... :( don't get it at all ...?????

You may need to clear your DNS cache G.

Got to start > run and type CMD and hit enter. You should get a black box on your screen.

Type cd.. and hit enter, do that 2 or 3 times until you only see "C:\" (or whatever your main drive is).

Then type (and notice the space before the slash but NOT after)

ipconfig /flushdns

Hit enter

You should get a message saying "your DNS cache has been flushed" or something like that. Reboot the PC and try visiting the site again.

U

user123

You may need to clear your DNS cache G.

Got to start > run and type CMD and hit enter. You should get a black box on your screen.

Type cd.. and hit enter, do that 2 or 3 times until you only see "C:\" (or whatever your main drive is).

Then type (and notice the space before the slash but NOT after)

ipconfig /flushdns

Hit enter

You should get a message saying "your DNS cache has been flushed" or something like that. Reboot the PC and try visiting the site again.

Did exactly that, Dan, got the exact same instructions from some techy site, followed it to the letter, everything happened as it should, but still the old website pops up. When I go to clear the firefox cache even though I can click on 'clear all' nothing seems to happen, so I'm wondering if there's a glitch in there, wen to firefox help pages and followed a different set of instructions there, too, still no joy. I had this with the forum emblem, remember, when it still showed the old and not the new cloud one? Irritating the heck out of me and I am wasting so much time over this. At one stage when I reloaded my web address a file sign with the word 'prossage site' came up, the only prossage I am familiar with is a joint care product associated with my back alignment teacher in the US, that was so weird to have that pop up, like a pop-up underneath the address, but that's gone now. hate stuff like this :(

But did you notice in the few posts above that I followed your and others' advice, so links to open in a new window, etc... so that's all good :thumbsup:

Reply to My newly updated website is up and running:-) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Ok, so i've been looking into creating a website, as we all know, how important our presence...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
T
Not a question, but a suprising observation of an illusion! My next task has been to come up...
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
T
Mods - if you can move this to a better place - please feel free - Not sure where it should go...
Replies
Views
T
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views
Hi all. I have just made a few updates to my website. I currently first rank on page 3 of google...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
My newly updated website is up and running:-)
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.