Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Neil walked? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

I do Dom

someone that you have trained for two years and can be left on his own to do a job is worth more than that a week. £60 a day is reasonable for someone who is still learning but I dont know this Neil and how hard he worked for you

He comes out with or rather he did come out with £220 a week Mike, thats after tax and NI, he is on nearly £60 a day. I dont pay cash in hand.

P

Pebbs

Look dont get me started again....im on the co-codamols tonight and they affect me big time! yes it is a work related injury, me and a 110v transformer had a bit of a run in...the transformer won. Deano has a point about the training, they dont appreciate it, and when they pull a stunt on you, its just another kick in the face. I did say one of the biggest no no's was when they walk of site without a word. But thinking about it there is a worse thing....when they dont turn up on site, and the site agent rings you because they are to hung over or drugged up to have the courtesy to let you know... and with that I will start a new thread.

Pebbs

After reading this whole thread i think you've done the right thing. After working for you for two years he should know you well enough to know that he could approch you for a pay rise or if he wasn't happy speak to you. Dont just walk off site! its childish and he obviously needs to grow up a bit. He will learn from this, he's just learnt the hard way.

Glad you've got a new lad now who seems really keen, hope it stays like that.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Update. He has gone, his Mum rang me and raged about his new girlfriend always moaning about money etc etc.

Adam (16) starts in the morning at 7.30 sharp and he came to me of his own accord, his bro works for my mate and heard about Neil, Adam was waiting for me at 7.30 this morning to ask for a job, I arrived at 8.30 so he had waited over an hour... he worked like a trooper, and he makes a good brew so he is hired.
Dropped him off at 6pm and he cant wait till tomorrow....watch this space.

:thumbsup:
Well done Dom.
Show him the ropes matey, I'm sure he'll appreciate being part of the new projects you have going ;)

Reply to Neil walked? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

L
I would like some advise. We booked a tiler for a new build with quite a lot of work to be done...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Neil walked?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks