Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss ok i need to buy a wet cutter NOW... in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

I have been dithering and dathering about wet cutters for two months now and as my jobs are to be started soon, I need a wet cutter asap.

My budget could reslistically go up to £500 however with just starting I would like to not spend as much and keep my funds for the business, just incase of any problems arising.

I have thought about the mastertiler, the new £80 rubi and even a husqvarna rail saw through to a dewalt d24000.

Is there anything else out there that is on the market I do not know about that doesnt pass the £200 mark which is worth it ?

what are the silverline rail saws like with a marcrist wheel on ?

many thanks

cameron

Last edited:
G

grumpygrouter

Only advice I can give on this Cameron is spend your money wisely.

You will be aware of my previous post about only spending when you need to as cash in a business is king. In this case, as it is a "capital" purchase would advice spending as much as is practical on the saw that will do the most for you. You will need to look at not only what you will need it for now but anything that may arise in the future.

I only have 2 saws at the moment, a Bricollina and a big mother of a Rubi the DW250n. The rubi is generally too big for the average job and the Briccy is a little small for any tiles over 250mm. maybe a medium size Rubi or similar from Brevetti nad others will be good to start with.

M

Mike Strutter

mike did you contemplate getting the rail saw ?

also, how long have you had it for ?

Had it since Sept 07, i bought it from the training centre after completing my tiling course, didn't really know anything about wet cutters so i was happy with it. As i said i've cut lots of tough stuff with it and it's been fine. I think that as long as it's got a powerful motor and a decent blade you can't go wrong. Most guys on here who have the plasplugs, change the blade straight away for a decent one, whereas i have not changed the blade in my Clipper yet at all, i don't think the blades anything special but a spare one is supplied and the cutter has a very handy carry case.
As for a rail saw, i've not ever thought about one to be honest mate:thumbsup:

Reply to ok i need to buy a wet cutter NOW... in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

B
Sold my last Rubi, TX1200 last month and purchased the Montolit Flashline Evo rail system that...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
Hello! I am new here but I have been reading a lot about manual tile cutters on the forum. I am...
Replies
Views
L
Anybody used rubi nd180 smart ? Just bought the wet cutter from tile giant but i hate it! It...
Replies
Views
Blunt Tool
B
G
hi guys I've always used a wet cutter to cut my tiles where ever my dry rail cutter can't do...
Replies
Views
gary b
G
O
Hi guys Wondering if anyone can help. Recently done a blade change on my wet cutter and now...
Replies
Views
Ollie02948
O

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

South Woodford
Business Name
Complete Tiling Solutions

Thread Information

Title
ok i need to buy a wet cutter NOW...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • BAL

Votes: 25 29.4%