Discuss Old times reality check. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
[h=2]
icon1.png
Old times reality check.[/h]
hang on 40m2 kitchens, christ, big kitchens, come on bugs ?​

Yep easily!
St Margarets hospital in Birmingham. It was a massive looney bin. Each ward would have a huge kitchen, basically four walls with nothing in it. (40m2 on average).
You'd turn up plim a line around the room, cut a gauge stick, then set your h-trim to that. No bottom cuts.
Then get tiling! 6'x 6' as the lads say, you'd grab a handful of tiles, stick it with Bal Wall, no spacers needed.
Done and grouted by four, dead easy!!!

:) ha ha ok bugs, thought u meant a house, i was thinking it was a blinking big house, with a average spashback being 4 or 5 m2

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
That was tongue in cheek doug,:lol: I was never rough. I was fast though, And yes with 6"x6" I did a full bathroom (18yd2) in a day every day on my new build sites, grouted polished. I even got in a half tiled bathroom as well some days. I kid you not, good money back then. Different game all-together.

Anyone who doubts this is a fool, I can bring people on here to confirm this was the norm back then.:thumbsup:

Even you phil would admit new builds are easy, and 18yds a day is not 40m2 in a day, its not even 20m2 its a bit less.

Doing a 40m2 bathroom,(would b a big un) loading up prepped and tiling around windows, boxing in would be hard on your own,even super tiler man would struggle on his own

T

The D

Even you phil would admit new builds are easy, and 18yds a day is not 40m2 in a day, its not even 20m2 its a bit less.

Doing a 40m2 bathroom,(would b a big un) loading up prepped and tiling around windows, boxing in would be hard on your own,even super tiler man would struggle on his own
LOL site work is easy you have obviously never worked on site. It is a reality that site work is hard graft always has been. You could be house bashing one day doing 20-25m2 per day and then fine yourself working on a 3000m2 factory floor and be banging down 50-60m2 per day. Then on the weekend fit in a 20m2 bathroom as a foreigner. If you was incapable of hitting the targets you would not be there at the end of the week.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
LOL site work is easy you have obviously never worked on site. It is a reality that site work is hard graft always has been. You could be house bashing one day doing 20-25m2 per day and then fine yourself working on a 3000m2 factory floor and be banging down 50-60m2 per day. Then on the weekend fit in a 20m2 bathroom as a foreigner. If you was incapable of hitting the targets you would not be there at the end of the week.

Dont be a male member dean. Ive worked on sites, new build and council.
What i meant by easy on sites(new build) is the work, it may be hard graft but the work is easy ie loverly straight walls ect,
work on a council site, crap walls = hard work to get right.
Now dry yours eye mate, you aint the only one who has grafted to make a living in this world

T

The D

Dont be a male member dean. Ive worked on sites, new build and council.
What i meant by easy on sites(new build) is the work, it may be hard graft but the work is easy ie loverly straight walls ect,
work on a council site, crap walls = hard work to get right.
Now dry yours eye mate, you aint the only one who has grafted to make a living in this world
:lol::lol:I never said I was m8 there are lots around and lots on this forum that would hit the targets no problem my point was simply that 20m2 per day in a bathroom is easily achievable even though some think it is impossible.:thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Old times reality check. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey guys, I normally post over in diynot for general DIY but wrt tiling over timber I need some...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
Hi Guys, Got another kitchen install coming up and am tiling the floor which was covered with...
Replies
Views
A
Hi Guys Ive just joined this and am asking all tilers for their help. I have just had a radiator...
Replies
Views
S
Hi guys I'm going to try to tile my bathroom. On the pictures you will see two old window...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
J
drying times seem to be a real issue with todays tilers and modern day addys my first years in...
2 3
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB