Search the forum,

Discuss PICTURES PLEASE! - Inside Van Pic's - Racking & Tool Layout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

surrey
I must say thats got to best van lay out i have ever seen , i have a transit and if i put all my tools in the van i can not find anything , i have to much to tell you truth 6 grinders , 5 different polishing machi nes , 4 wet cutters , 18 boxes of tools , 2 upright polishing machines, 2 hoovers , around 20 levels 8 straight edges , grouting machine for commercial jobs the list goes on , as for dry cutters rubi from ts30 to the new 1500, sigma all sizes , got to start to sell off some as i do hord tools and dont throw away anything ,

You got enough levels there spanish!

you are right scottley i do seem to have a level fetish !

in the van i have 1800, 1200, 900, 600, 300 stabilas and bosch lazer and staff, the ones in the garage are spares/old ones used for dot and dabbing boards/mucky work etc.

i gave about 5 levels away this year so think they may be breeding !

i find i can store and carry a vast amount of kit in a relativly small van with the tool chests

eg in the power tool chest i have

combi drill, impact driver, 4 chargers, 10 batteries
angle grinder and various discs
multimaster and various blades/spares
belt sander and belts
palm sander and sheets
plane
jigsaw and blades
circular saw and blades

when they where all in their boxes they took up 4 times the space

and no one can nick off with the full chest !

works well for me and looks organised if customer see's the inside of the van

DSC00050.jpg mine before and after and this is on a good day DSC00039.jpg
pencil.png

Doug, I've bought three Bed Slides from this company. I think they're worth twice what they sell for because it saves crawling around in the back of the truck and it's a lot easier on your back when loading tile and bags of mortar.
Truck Bedslide and Gorilla Bed Slide Out Cargo Platforms
Which brand truck did you buy?

Do you know something, I've been thinking for years that the UK was missing something like this for pick ups:yikes:

That is first class Rob:thumbsup:

Not sure we can get them over here though:mad2:

D

doug boardley

R

Rob Z

Do you know something, I've been thinking for years that the UK was missing something like this for pick ups:yikes:

That is first class Rob:thumbsup:

Not sure we can get them over here though:mad2:

I'll snap a pic of one of the ones in our trucks, extended and also in position inside the truck. We do lose a little bit of vertical clearance inside because of the thickness of the plywood floor and the rails and welded parts underneath.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

Did you get your L200 fixed gooner?
yes thanks Doug, it's a bit of a story, i took it to my little garage where i have all my work/servicing done, they just lifted the bonnet replaced a rubber tube and it's been as good as gold, so i went back to the main dealer to ask for my money back and complain about the fact they told my wife she needed a decoke for £1000 Pound's and if she would have accepted they would have taken her money under false pretenses and riped us off, anyway he was very arrogant fellow, and would not pay me the money back or even accept that they were wrong , it seems to be the same with everything that goes wrong that you buy these day's you have a big performance, i like your new l200 mate they are good strong motor's mate !!and cope very well in the snow :thumbsup::coolgleamA: you should start an L200 user's group!!!

I

Ian

After seeing how everyone else stores tools etc in their vans I decided that I needed a bit more storage space. I found that I was just piling tools and buckets ontop of each other, and making a mess when looking for stuff. So I built a new piece of racking that is now home to my ts60, drills, grinder, radio, trowels, floats and a shelf for bits and bobs. Even got a bit of carpet off a mate and carpeted the floor. Only did it at the weekend and already I'm seeing the benefits and I know where everthing is!! Old pics first to save going back through the posts.
Van 004.jpg Van 003.jpg van racking 001.jpg van racking 002.jpg van racking 003.jpg van racking 004.jpg
pencil.png

Reply to PICTURES PLEASE! - Inside Van Pic's - Racking & Tool Layout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.