Discuss Protilers - Tiling In Meopham, Kent. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Evening All......just home from another day in the sticks.....been great TBH........nice weather always helps.......here is what went on....

first off I finished the tanking in the master bathroom and adjusted all the lighting holes so they are level with each other:

40562029.jpg

49006907.jpg

I have to plug the hole on the bath platform (under the window)......do that tomomorrow!!!........forgot to do it tonight!!!...doh!

here is what went on in the en-suite......

12513755.jpg

57603073.jpg

22086754.jpg

I decided to re-finish the off cuts of the tiles to suit the situ, rather than getting an extra one from Ray (sorry Ray)........saves the customer a few quid and saves me HOURS!!!!!

all the best

Lee

What size tile is it Lee? Looks good.

P

Protilers

Evening All.......

got to the job today and here is what went on:

img2062yr.jpg

first off I grouted the floor......Black......there is another sponge that bites the dust!......doh!.....

next was the first bit of wall tiling.....900 x 600 polished porcel-thin..........

img2063j.jpg

img2064r.jpg

img2065sv.jpg

img2066ka.jpg

at this point we run out of tiles......and I had to make a mad dash to FEET!..........good to see you Ray.....but next time can it be a social vistit!!!!

all the best

Lee

P

Protilers

Hello Beanz.....

well, could be wrong.....or he could be right.............but I would put money on Colour republic putting a good quality non-woven vinyl wallpaper on the tanking and it and it surviving!......and as for the lights there are 2.5mm feeds.....makes you think 240V....

but i have found the ends of the feeds (for the master bathroom)and instructed the client to install 12v transformers there.....and then back to 2.5 twin and earth to the consumer unit.....
the one I am working in (ensuite)......I still have no clue!

all the best

Lee

P

Protilers

Ooooh you're so secretive! :p

Glad you've managed to sort somethng with the lights without having to rip it all out mate (in the main bathroom anyway). Nothing more soul destroying than wasting time doing a good job, just to rip it out and do it again because of someone else's ****-up.... It never goes as well the second time for some reason lol!?!

I have been employed as the tiler......and beleive it or not I am always willing to help.....(just not on a public forum!)......but thats me........

all the best

Lee

P

Protilers

Here is what went on with me today!...........

first off, not a lot got done mainly because I had to get plasterboard props from my warehouse (6.30am) pick up the labourer (7am) and then I needed to get extra tiles from F.E.E.T.......
and today Rays brother Ricky was Late........8.30am (in fact he was early!...they open at 9am.....but he usually gets in at 8am (we were there @ 7.30!)...I was in a bit of a daze (dog tired) but that's another story........

Anyway,

got over to the job at 11ish.........I hate starting work late!........at one point I was going to abandon ship!............here it what I did:

img2073sd.jpg

img2075a.jpg

img2074ul.jpg

img2076om.jpg

I am going back on Monday......should be tiled and grouted by then...............Enjoy your weekend chaps/Ladies..............

All the best

Lee

P

Protilers

Evening All....... I hope you are well!............

I did not go to work yesterday.......must have hurt my back on Friday Because I was laid up all weekend.....and driving to work on Monday I had to abandon mission and go to the osteopath's.......
it was killing me!!!!...

Anyway I turned up there today and started to do this (really slowly!...hehehehh):

img2076om.jpg

when I turned up I knew I had an awkward cut to get around that weird boxing/pigeon hole/ shower valve thingy!!!.....

img2077k.jpg

I finished the main wall and realised how far out of whack the boxing was!!!...not just the box but the holes also!!!!!!!!!!.....so I had to square it up in tiles!!!.......

img2078ms.jpg

I cut the facia and tiled on tiles around the edge of the boxing (no choice really IMO).......but here is how it turned out:

img2079it.jpg

img2082hy.jpg

Tommorrow I will silicone and grout!......

all the best

Lee

P

Protilers

those tiles are huge mate how often do you do jobs like this? and also what are all the wires sticking out at the bottom for? at a guess id say its lighting fittings?

Hello Mr T.......anit' going on no plane!!!.......(sorry......)......hehehehehehee

1. they are huge......1200x600 but there are bigger ones!
2. as often as possible!......handling and installation requires some installation adjustments!....but thanks to Gary the tiler and Ray from Feet.........its not a problem!
3. yes they are 1W Led lights.....and they are everywhere!!!!

all the best

Lee.

Reply to Protilers - Tiling In Meopham, Kent. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Informative
Should be able to find these forum categories at the top of the forum homepage :) I'm hoping...
Replies
Views
A williams
A
S
Looking to go self employed as it's always been an ambition of mine, I live in South Wales -...
Replies
Views
J Sid
J
Hello Lads n Lasses, im just enquiring to see if anyone has any victorian tiling jobs coming up...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
B
Tiler / Tiling in Sandwich, East Kent, CT13 0NQ Delphi Ceramic Ltd – Sandwich, Kent We...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
C
We are a well-established Kent-based Tiling Company looking for good quality Tilers to carry out...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB