UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Quotations quotations...what would you say in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

t5_nel

Chaps,

as mentioned in previous post, I am getting my groundfloor tiled. The area is about 75m2 floorplan attached below.

Apart from the garage it will all be tiled.

The tiles are 600mm square polished rectified porcelain. The idea is to achieve somthing like a continuous lay but I have stated there is no issue with having some thresholds at some doors if it makes life a bit easier as long as the lines match up!

I am supplying the tiles, the house is near Reading in Berkshire. I have had one quote and have another arranged. I am interested in hearing what people on here would think is sane in terms of cost and time.

Tiler will supply all other materials, fit, grout and remove waste. I have agreed house will be clear and skirting, toilet, kitchen unit plinths will be lifted prior to tiling. I will also pay for any levelling (ply boarding required separately)

floorplangf.gif

L

Leatherface

First I would be able to set out as one continuous lay - minimizing small cuts Would put expansion joints in all doorways. Polished porcelain needs to be treated - be aware !
Without seeing the job I think I would be charging IRO £35 / £38 per metre including materials & sealing. Extra charge to get rid of waste or advise you to hire a skip. Us trade guys get charged for taking trade waste to the tip - can't be expected to do it for free !

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Quotations quotations...what would you say in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Am I a ****? Bumped into a builder in my local and he sees I do tiling so asks me to...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all. In line with my other thread asking for some opinions on tiling layouts for my bathroom...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
D
Hi Guys. I'm just starting my road towards making tiling a career and as such I'm doing jobs...
Replies
Views
Drifterjoe
D
T
Hi all, I'm hoping you can give me an opinion on the quality of this work as I'm having a bit...
Replies
Views
B
Hi all. My first floating floor to tile so seeking advice as read quite a few threads where some...
Replies
Views
baht'at
B

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.