Discuss Remove plinths for tiling a floor? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

ian158

deffo say's 12months, so you must of filled it in at some point, did you learn tilling on a course..??

nope...self taught..and watching and asking guys on site..same goes for plastering..at 21 bought my own house and did it up..then another then another..took my time..read up on stuff..my Oldman was a chippie and use to build sets for the BBC and as a kid helped him so been using my hands since I was a kid..did I do a course? Phaa! ..but lets get one thing straight..I'm not a tiler..I can tile..but within my comfort zone..

P

Peter

Poor 2020Tiling is sorry he asked. Wonder did he ever get those kick boards off?

Chuckled today in work. Was on a site doing a kitchen floor and removed the kick boards to tile to the legs. The joiner in the same house didn't want to touch them, so I said no problem the kitchen fitter is on site today, will say to him. Asked the kitchen fitter 3 houses away and he said it wasn't his problem any more, to contact the kitchen company. Now if a kitchen fitter on the same job doesn't want to plane 10mm off a kick board with a £500 Festool planer what chance does a mere tiler stand with a rusty blunt handsaw? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
dont realy want to start this over again but ive just been to look at a job thismorning, and got grilled on whether i was a tiler or multitrader,customer said they didnt want the latter as the had not long had there bathroom done by such and he had to take all the tiles of and redo the tiling part,so i was being grilled like i was a murderer to make sure i only tiled ,no offence to anyone ,but just shows that us tradaesmen are still needed out there, just saying like:smilewinkgrin:

I

ian158

dont realy want to start this over again but ive just been to look at a job thismorning, and got grilled on whether i was a tiler or multitrader,customer said they didnt want the latter as the had not long had there bathroom done by such and he had to take all the tiles of and redo the tiling part,so i was being grilled like i was a murderer to make sure i only tiled ,no offence to anyone ,but just shows that us tradaesmen are still needed out there, just saying like:smilewinkgrin:
blimey what a coincidence, the day after we talk about it, tilers vs multi... You find a customer who hates multitraders...

Reply to Remove plinths for tiling a floor? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We have to lift a section of floor in the kitchen and would like to replace with the...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB