Discuss Remove plinths for tiling a floor? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

no no no im not actualy loosing money ,i am making more money fixing tiles,if a customer wants to pay me silly money to do the other things well that would be ok wouldnt it ,but it would take me three or four times longer and i would want paying and then iwould think iwas ripping them off and also that would make me one of them multi traders of witch i am not

I

ian158

I'll add something to this, and also address the op yes the plinths should be taken off and usually there is a bit of play which negates the need of cutting them down,however I don't offer that service ,do I lose jobs over it ,well to be honest I quote jobs and usually get them, i am a totally recommendation tiler ,I don't advertise or have cards etc ,I work full time for a company as a tiler and do my own stuff weekends so I really don't have the time to be multi skilling, If I did have time then maybe I would look into buying tools to do said jobs,and I think in my first post on this I did say that if your doin the full refit then doing the extras is par for the course.

Im confused, you quote the job yet you work for a company and do your own work weekends..so ate you employed or self employed...if you quote a job and it involved stripping paint off walls to tile, do you strip it off your self or get a painter in to do it?

I

ian158

no no no im not actualy loosing money ,i am making more money fixing tiles,if a customer wants to pay me silly money to do the other things well that would be ok wouldnt it ,but it would take me three or four times longer and i would want paying and then iwould think iwas ripping them off and also that would make me one of them multi traders of witch i am not

So we are clear..you just tile? You don't renew floors...fit noggins, strip paint off walls..box in pipes, lay plywood, skim a wall with fast set to level it off? ...to remove plinths..run a pencil line and cut with a sharp handsaw would Take long then ?

mz30

TF
Arms
liverpool
Im confused, you quote the job yet you work for a company and do your own work weekends..so ate you employed or self employed...if you quote a job and it involved stripping paint off walls to tile, do you strip it off your self or get a painter in to do it?
What part are you confused by? am employed I get my own work which I do weekends whats hard to understand? and to answer your obviously sarcastic comment if paint needs scraping off I do it if needed,but this thread is not about that and I have answered that so being pedantic doesn't really help.

I

ian158

What part are you confused by? am employed I get my own work which I do weekends whats hard to understand? and to answer your obviously sarcastic comment if paint needs scraping off I do it if needed,but this thread is not about that and I have answered that so being pedantic doesn't really help.

So the jobs you quote..for the private work you get you mean?...now I understand ...i hope your not going in cheap and under cutting other tilers because you have a day job..you'll get ripped to shreds !

mz30

TF
Arms
liverpool
So the jobs you quote..for the private work you get you mean?...now I understand ...i hope your not going in cheap and under cutting other tilers because you have a day job..you'll get ripped to shreds !

ian you barking up the wrong tree mate,i am a tiler 7 days a week 365 days a year ,my day job is as a tiler and has been for the past 25 yrs ,like I said I am a tiler not a multiskiller and as for getting ripped to shreds I've forgot more about the tiling game than you'll ever now

I

ian158

ian you barking up the wrong tree mate,i am a tiler 7 days a week 365 days a year ,my day job is as a tiler and has been for the past 25 yrs ,like I said I am a tiler not a multiskiller and as for getting ripped to shreds I've forgot more about the tiling game than you'll ever now

Bit dodgy mate..PAYE mon-fri..cash at weekends...you'll have Dave after you..he will fill you in..

Thats the downside of being a multitrades...I'm stacked out with work !!!!!!

ian i do do some prep im not as stupid as you may think youve been at the job twelve bloody months ive been doing the job 43 years how do you think i have gone on for so long been on my own since about 24 years old fixed tiles with sand and cemet when tiling was tiling not like a lot of lid kickers that are about nowadays that can only do slashbacks and small little bathrooms and the like ,doesnt make me any better than the next man ,but ill hold my own next to any tiler still,i am a tiler and am sick of repeating it, i draw the line at certain things,doors, most joinery, plinths plumbing and electrical:mad2::8:

I

ian158

ian i do do some prep im not as stupid as you may think youve been at the job twelve bloody months ive been doing the job 43 years how do you think i have gone on for so long been on my own since about 24 years old fixed tiles with sand and cemet when tiling was tiling not like a lot of lid kickers that are about nowadays that can only do slashbacks and small little bathrooms and the like ,doesnt make me any better than the next man ,but ill hold my own next to any tiler still,i am a tiler and am sick of repeating it, i draw the line at certain things,doors, most joinery, plinths plumbing and electrical:mad2::8:

12 months..where did you get that from..I've been doing home improvements over 20years...been tiling for about 6 years..

Reply to Remove plinths for tiling a floor? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We have to lift a section of floor in the kitchen and would like to replace with the...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB