UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Small Holes in Top of Replica Flagstones in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

AndyH747

After the threat of legal action the supplier is now willing to replace the defective flagstones and pay for the labour. However he is now arguing over the cost of the labour from our tiler. We need to replace 18 flagstones in a kitchen. The old flagstones will have to be carefully removed and the area cleaned. The replacements then have to be sealed on bottom and sides before laying. After laying they need to be sealed on top and then grouted. Finally another coat of seal needs applied after the grout is dry. We will also need the old flagstones removed from site and disposed of. The kitchen area will probably be unusable while the work is carried out and the area will need to be protected with dust sheets.

For all the above work, what would a professional tiler charge on average and how long would you expect the work to take? This is in the Gloucester area.

Thanks for any replies.

A

AndyH747

Hi Andy,

I'd let the supplier supply the labour, materials and obviously the stones and let them do it fully so that if there are future problems, they then can't come back and blame the tiler you chose etc.

Also then it wouldn't matter what the costs are involved as he'd just foot the bill directly.

Thanks for the reply.

The problem is we don't trust him to have the job completed properly. He has argued throughout the whole process and still refuses to acknowledge any fault on his part. Trusting him or someone he appoints to complete the work satisfactorily is just not going to happen.
The other problem would be if the job isn't completed properly, which is highly likely, we'd be back in the same boat trying to get recompense. At least by having a trusted tiler who has worked for us before doing the job we can be sure it will be done correctly.

Trust me, after the experience we've had, you wouldn't trust this company either!

I'd really appreciate anyone sending me a PM with just a rough estimate of the average costs in completing the work mentioned above. I will get other quotes but it's always good to have an average to work from.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Small Holes in Top of Replica Flagstones in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

G
Hi, We had a partial wet room installed in our first floor bathroom over 3 years ago by a...
Replies
Views
Gemma
G
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
D
At 365Drills we are always improving and this year (2012) we turn our attention to the most...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I'm new to here but have picked up some good information from other threads but need a...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
C
Wet Vs Dry polishing, which is better? We get asked this daily. There is really no definitive...
Replies
Views
Turkish tiler
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.