Discuss Sound proofing in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

gamma38

TF
Bedford
Hi all, not been here for a while, usual stuff. Busy etc... Anyhow i have a question. I have my DC250 saw set up in my garage and i have been doing a lot of cutting in there. I have now had wind of a neighbour saying she is going to the council about the noise. She is a curtain twitcher at the best of times so there is no talking to her, (i have tried) Has anyone soundproofed a garage, what materials did you use, was it successful?
Cheers for any help.

gamma38

TF
Bedford
Or entirely successful to pacify your nosy neighbour. Is your garage rented from the Local Council as well,unless you are cutting at an obscene hour of the night I don't think the council will be overly interested.
Part of the house, not rented from the council. Only doing it during normal working hours.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
Neighbour of mine practices his electric guitar in his garage. He built a 2x2 stud wall 4" in from the edge ( including the garage door) put rockwool in the gap, then one leyerof sound absorbing plasterboard, then normal plasterboard. I can't hear him practice.

he has recently done the egg box thing, ( gluing the boxes on so the points stick out) not sure this helps noise or accoustics?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Sound proofing in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
T
Hi guys. Bit of a strange one this. Had a query from someone who has had tilers fitted by a...
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
What the customer said: Sean: You do not have enough tiles to complete the job. Cust: Thank God...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
H
Got a call from a lady who had hired someone to refurb her bathroom. Guy had been there every...
Replies
Views
C
I'm almost lost for words!!!!! Last weekend I went to see a potential customer about some...
Replies
Views
White Room
W

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB