UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss spooky places you have worked in in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

merit

TF
hi all
in reply to richs spooky photo
where is the spookiest place you have had the misfortune to work,
mine was a 200 year old mansion house that had a court at one end of a long corridor,upstairs in the attic was a holding cell,prisoners would be led down from here to the court to be sentanced, remember you could be hanged for nicking a sheep,this place had a horrible atmosphere and when working late and it got dark,there was no way i was going down that end ,include your own ghost stories

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Hampton Court Palace was eerie but spookiest work place was Wandsworth prison, C wing total refurb, taught me one thing if anything, prison aint for me.

whats wrong with prison?.. I-said-pick-up-the-soap.jpg

H

hillhead

I love spooky stories, i had a real good big job on about 5 years ago in the middle of Ireland.
I had another tiler mate in with me on that job and he is a horror film etc fan and collector.
We were staying i a local B&B and drinking every night in the great local pubs with my customer and his buddies.
One night they told us about this haunted house on our way to the job to a from every day.
The next evening on the way back to the B&B i found the bridge and corner they talked about so turned left up this old stone lane !!!
I got to the top and turned right into a yard with an old old house sitting there, curtains blowing out from the windows etc and not a breeze about !
It was damn spooky and tom my horror fan buddy was shouting at me to get out of there quick !!lol
He said he didn't mind fiction but didn't like real stuff :lol:
It was one weird spot and didn't look right.
Great spot for a haunted house attraction.
Tom has about £20k worth or horror memorabilia, including masks in glass cages from horror films with certificates etc. bad stuff and even hatchets etc hanging up in his converted attic.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
I worked in Broadmoor about 18 months ago. The first scarey part was walking to the area we were working in, especially when you walked round a corner and a bunch of inmates came strolling towards you......
The whole place had a really eerie feel to it. We were working right next to the chapel where many strange sightings have ben reported. I was working on my own fixing nosings to some stairs one day when suddenly a dark figure came walking down the stairs towards me:yikes: It was the vicar coming to have a look at what we'd been doing!! I did have to apologise several times for my language *!@%$!@**!!

F

Fliselege

I worked in Broadmoor about 18 months ago. The first scarey part was walking to the area we were working in, especially when you walked round a corner and a bunch of inmates came strolling towards you......
The whole place had a really eerie feel to it. We were working right next to the chapel where many strange sightings have ben reported. I was working on my own fixing nosings to some stairs one day when suddenly a dark figure came walking down the stairs towards me:yikes: It was the vicar coming to have a look at what we'd been doing!! I did have to apologise several times for my language *!@%$!@**!!
Worked there 10 or so years ago, mainly in the staff houses around the place but had to go inside a few times, had to wear a high vis vest with poppers everywhere, designed for railway work and machinery work, idea being if something snags it, it un pops at sides and shoulders so you don't get dragged into something dangerous, we had to wear them incase an inmate made a grab for us, and wasn't even on danger money! I come from Bracknell which is up the road so I know the escape alarm is tested 10am every Monday morning, one of the lads was very unhappy about going to work there, so I told the other lads about the alarm, kept it quiet from sissyboy and when it went off bang on time me and the lads pretended to panic and ran for the cars, sissyboy went to peices...

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to spooky places you have worked in in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

T
Hi all, I'm hoping you can give me an opinion on the quality of this work as I'm having a bit...
Replies
Views
D
i have just completed some repair work on a very small local pool that was very badly tiled by...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
P
Hi there, I am new to this site so - apols if I have posted this in the wrong place. I had some...
Replies
Views
J
Just read a post re walking away from jobs due to crap preparation and was wondering how many...
Replies
Views
A
Hi there, I'm new here, and I'm not a tiler. I would be grateful for some advice on sorting out...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.