Discuss Stolen gear!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

feel for you mate. a few weeks back a boy about 20ish grabbed my drill box just outside a house i was working in, i chased him and he jumped a fence as i was ontop of the fence just ready to leap over the little scumbag pulled a knife, didn't want to call his bluff lol. the thing is that i've still got the drill, it was only the charger and my 2nd battery that was in the box. had to buy another drill next day. gutted i was. so i know what your going through. only your's is more expensive than mine

Somerset
Hello Stevo. Sorry to hear about your loss - if someone stole my Rubis it would be as distressing as losing one of my pet dogs.

The cheapest and easiest protection is to use an engraver (or an engraving attachment to a Dremmel will do) and engrave your surname, postcode and house number on as much of your kit as possible.

Also sit down and list all your equipment that has serial numbers. Keep the list with your insurance documents. Try and photograph everything to.

For something more elaborate, but not expensive, I recommend Smar****er (try this link):
http://www.smar****er.com/Home.aspx

Your local police crime prevention department may already be part of the smar****er scheme or may associate with a similar product. Check the police website. You may get the product discounted.

I know that emptying your van of tools is a classic old bit of advice, but it does work. However this is not always practicable, so do make the effort to mark all your kit with your postcode or a suitable DNA/microdot crime prevention system. It could be an additional deterrent to would be thieves.

Van thefts have risen a lot in recent months - probably due to Government policies and a recession - in any event, these thefts are occcurring regularly across UK at the moment, so it is worth reviewing your work kit security and adding better locks to your van - it will cost less than replacing your favourite Rubi (simply the best), Sigma (They are OK) or Montolit (good if you are cack handed lol).

STEVO

TF
stockport
Thanks for all the replies guys. Still cant believe it. Like i mentioned there must have been 2 of the swines in a van or estate car, just cruising round. apparently they tried another van round the corner and another fella the other week. So they are active around the area, keep alert at night lads and double check you have locked up!
Stuff nicked was my Rubi TR700s TS50plus the Rubi DW200 electric wet cutter, Bosch angle grinder 4", Bosch All rounder multi tool, Ryobi cordless drill driver (not missing that though, it wouldnt drill toast!) a brand new 180mm diamond blade for a vitrex wet cutter, still packaged.

Am keeping my eyes on loot and ebay. thanks for the mention about car boots, didnt think of that.

On another note, is there anyone local who has one of the DEWalt D24000 wettys? wondering what you reckon compared to the Rubi and could i call to see it in action somewhere someday?

cheers.

Reply to Stolen gear!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

O
Hello everybodies! I've decided to sell my wet cutter. Rubi's beast of a machine, The DX 350...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
Thieving gits Felling sad...... garage broken into last night, the scum have nicked over a...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
TJ Smiler
T
I'm moving house in couple weeks and need to clear my garage out, Got loads of tiling gear going...
Replies
Views
fatboy
F
C
I exclude apprentices in this thread, it's more aimed at people doing short courses for a career...
Replies
Views
R
Hi guys Thought I'd fill you in on what happened today at work, I think what your about to read...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

STEVO

TF
stockport

Thread Information

Title
Stolen gear!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.