Discuss The nasty side of the tile industry... Being owed money. (Not restricted to our indu) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

The nasty side of this industry, Being owed money. In this case by a tile training centre (who will not be named) but who CONSISTENTLY pays to advertise in the journals.

Owes us money for over one year. Lots of false promises. Emails promise to pay. Fake credit cards with details. And then eventually it gets ugly.

Now have instructed the BALIFFS to go in and get my money as a result of a positive court action. What a waste of time. And the costs being added to the debt will hurt more than just paying up. Plus now the shame of a CCJ.

If you ever get owed money and want my help to get your rightfully owed money I can put you in touch with these people. Its not nice being owed money and if you saw the debtor in poverty then you would offer a sympathetic ear and time to pay.

BUT THEY REFUSE OUR CALLS !

61014_422842452013_617362013_4981355_6508834_n.jpg

Guess its not restricted to our industry or in fact to business. It can even be personal money owed.

So all the baliffs have to do is go in and seize goods.

D

Deleted member 1779

Re: The nasty side of the tile industry... Being owed money. (Not restricted to our i

No its not good. Its £520.84 worth of not good....

And so far the court costs have run the debt to £687.20

What a crazy way to let debt go up. The silly thing is that a payment plan of £50 a month would have had this wiped out in a year and saved all this grief.

Once bailiffs go in..... MORE debt.....

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

Re: The nasty side of the tile industry... Being owed money. (Not restricted to our i

wow thats not very much!! i dont think that would bother me to the extent of getting bailiff's and going to court, but then over the year i have lost thousands of Pound's, to company's going bust!! and to very dodge businessmen who 's sole aim is to ripp you off, still i can understand you
wanting rightly -so to be payed, i think these sort of peeps should be stoped from trading in the future full stop if they do not go into buzz in an honest way

D

Deleted member 1779

Actually the funny thing (well not funny ha ha) is that I was owed money by THREE companies and of all three debts this one was the smallest outstanding.

I had to pay for the service to take all three to court but the other two paid up ahead of time. The only one who didnt pay up and let the debt ride is the one above!

Gooner if you have lost thousands and you want the details of this company to get you your money just go ahead and sign up on their website.

Join their website and get your money

If you are entilted to the money they will go get if for you. Obviously for my £520 debt it might sound a bit over the top to send in the balliffs but remember it is the person who owes the money that lets it get to that point.

You see it for £30 parking tickets where the baliffs show up with big bills of £600 and drag people to cash points. The question in my mind (and maybe yours too) is why didnt that person just settle it at £30 quid.

But some people work to their own logic and will only respond to two guys standing at the door with a white van and a clipboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mikethetile

I usually take the view that a good tradesman always gets paid, in richards case its supplier

but lately ive noticed that anyone can get taken which I havent seen for a few years now, but its back with vengeance

if your owed money , no matter how small the amount . go legal and get your money, cash is king and is the difference betwwen food on the table and a roof over your head or the dole queue

I know where I want to be

D

Deleted member 1779

Good work Dan. Shame its a bit late for this one.

58335_422921792013_617362013_4982779_263321_n.jpg

We have literally (just this minute) received confirmation from Enforcement that Judgement & Execution have been processed.

Next time I will use our sponsors. What a shame it wasn't a month ago because I had three of them on the go.
Saying that I sincerely hope there IS NOT a next time.. But this is real life !

P

paulyoung666

you can bet it wont be just you that is owed £500 either , there will be many more i reckon , mind you , at least you are going about it the right way , i used to work for a bloke many moons ago fitting double glazing , he got into money troubles and went to the dodgiest d/g supplier in the area , to be truthful it was more likely a front for money laundering , he decided to take the windows but not pay for them , at the time he used to have a nice 7 series beemer , i use the term 'used to have' literally , the boys came round and put every window out , and caved every panel in ...................

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to The nasty side of the tile industry... Being owed money. (Not restricted to our indu) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
T
DIY SOS. Helping people without time or money, in need desperate need to get a project...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views
I wouldn't want to 'test' the attackers so don't post anything about this anywhere public. If...
Replies
Views
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
The nasty side of the tile industry... Being owed money. (Not restricted to our indu)
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.