Discuss The nasty side of the tile industry... Being owed money. (Not restricted to our indu) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Re: The nasty side of the tile industry... Being owed money. (Not restricted to our i

Ugly business, all of it.... shudder.... so what happens then? The bailiffs take goods and then what? Do they sell them (where?) and you get your money after they have taken their cut? Luckily I have never experienced anything like that, I don't believe in debt, basically, but that would really scare me... how does that debt increase so quickly? Totally green with stuff like that... would have been nice to get sorted without the aggro, eh?

D

Deleted member 1779

Re: The nasty side of the tile industry... Being owed money. (Not restricted to our i

The bailiffs take goods and then what?

From my perspective we produced goods for them at our cost, posted them (at our cost!) they had our goods free of charge for 30 days to sell on to tilers. They sold all of them and made a profit but decided to double their income by not paying for the actual items!!

The only people I blame for this situation is the Tile Training Centre who chose this path. At all stages they could have paid the bill from 18 months ago. They chose not to pay so were sent a warning letter after a year and a half of emails and calls. They chose not to pay so interest was added. They chose not to pay so a court action was filed. They chose not to turn up and defend themselves (they could have challenged the invoice) by not turning up to court the judgement was awarded to us and costs to them were added. And now the bailiff will attempt to collect the debt on our behalf.

If it is a Limited company (it is) bailiffs can only remove goods belonging to the company and not the individuals.

NOW FOR PART THAT HURTS:
While we all sit back and watch the costs of that debt spiral up in costs remember this cold hard fact.

If 365drills are just one of many companies executing judgement against them - and they file for bankruptcy... Read this bit below... And then read it again...

If they file for bankrupcy then the costs you are watching spiral upwards and then enforced against.... ME !

Yes you read that right. The solicitors will turn on me and will want their money, so will the courts, so will the baliffs. So I repeat as we all sit here watching that bill grow larger then if bankrupcy is filed all those charges (plus the loss of the debt) will be coming out of my pocket.

Who said business was easy or fair....

would have been nice to get sorted without the aggro, eh?

More than you can know !

U

user123

:thumbsdown: Gawd, all sounds horrible... and I can see you're as mad as a hatter. I was just really wondering what the bailiffs can do with their second hand goods... I mean people don' t beat the path to the door to buy repossessed stuff, do they? How do they and most importantly you get their money back from whatever can be taken from a tile training centre?? What is there, pc, tile cutters and a few well used tools, heaters, furniture all covered in dust , tiles? Weird.... I really really wish you luck and really hope it's not NETT, I liked it there...

D

Deleted member 1779

Well I have some good news to report this Saturday....

Just before I left for a trade show I was telephoned by the Tile Training Company offering to settled the debt. I told them they had to contact the solicitors as it is not for me to deal with it now.

But I did tell them to pay the full bill direct to my account.

I get home from a two day show to find all the money in my bank account and a letter from the solicitors telling me that if I instruct them in writing to settle the case then that is the end of the matter..

Hooray!!

So now all I have to do is pay their invoice out of the money in the account. And I get to keep most of the original debt.

Result !

D

Deleted member 1779

One question I do still have is "What next..." Obviously we would like to continue to have our product in front of new tilers and training centres are ideal outlets.

Once the dust has settled should I offer the olive branch and say that provided they pay in advance for stock that we would want to work with them?

Or do we just bomb it out and stay well clear?

Reply to The nasty side of the tile industry... Being owed money. (Not restricted to our indu) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
T
DIY SOS. Helping people without time or money, in need desperate need to get a project...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views
I wouldn't want to 'test' the attackers so don't post anything about this anywhere public. If...
Replies
Views
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
The nasty side of the tile industry... Being owed money. (Not restricted to our indu)
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks