Discuss The Pope in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
why is he chargeing £ 25 a head to see him in the stadium's THEN!!!

Christ only knows (no pun intended). But the taxpayer is footing his travel bills!

He even knocked BA regarding some cross somebody wore once. I doubt BA will be flying him now. Hope he gets an EasyJet standard class seat and they go the wrong way around the globe to get him here!

D

david campbell

personally i think some of these posts are derogatory,the uk tax payer foots the bill anytime a head of state visits this country(the pope is a head of state) and some of the other comments are highlighting the minority which by no means is condonable by the rest of the religion unfortunatley these crimes have been villified due to the position of trust that some people hold,these acts have been going on for many hundreds of years with royalty and people of noble positions throughout the world however have gone relatively un-noticed due to there more leniant religious stances.............this is what pope benedict strives to bring to the catholic/christain faith,a more just and moral society and an unreserved apology for the faults and failings of the catholic church in the past.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
personally i think some of these posts are derogatory,the uk tax payer foots the bill anytime a head of state visits this country(the pope is a head of state) and some of the other comments are highlighting the minority which by no means is condonable by the rest of the religion unfortunatley these crimes have been villified due to the position of trust that some people hold,these acts have been going on for many hundreds of years with royalty and people of noble positions throughout the world however have gone relatively un-noticed due to there more leniant religious stances.............this is what pope benedict strives to bring to the catholic/christain faith,a more just and moral society and an unreserved apology for the faults and failings of the catholic church in the past.

But only when people kicked up a fuss did it cause them to consider apologising.

I think it's shocking, and that an apology can't undo what's been done. And that includes gaining their respect back from anybody who used to give it.

Anybody see the documentary called 'The Pope' the other night?

On a side note, I saw a young scottish boy in the news a couple of hours ago that read out a speech he'd wrote. '.... I pleased the pope is coming, he can help me with my cancer'. Very sad to hear.

M

mikethetile

I was brought up a catholic and attended church schools , it may surprise you to learn that I was a wild lad and had to be put into the care of the church, theres nothing you can tell me about catholism and the damage it does

the vatican is the richest square mile in the world and as a seperate state from rome pays no tax, the whole world is a third world country compared to life in the vatican

the pope wont set foot in eire as hes afraid of the reception he would get

hes in for a rough ride here , the media are gearing up for it

D

david campbell

muslims, hindus and buddhists are not christians as they dont accept that jesus was the son of god
thats my point if i have an opinion against any other other religion then it would be bigoted but as its another minority christian religion in this country then it is deemed acceptable,by the way i do not practice my faith anymore but even if i did i would not have anything derogitary to say about anyone elses beliefs or faith!

what has this thread to do with tiling as it has the creativity to cause dis-harmony and un-rest among fellow memebers and doesn't come into the catgory of general chat either

M

mikethetile

I havent been derogarotory only factual

this is nothing to do with god or the catholics that live their life by gods values. its about the rot that permeats through the religion from the top down

im now a member of the salvation army, we dont have churches or any of the wealth but have meeting houses and all money raised through the army goes to others

you may not be aware that saga stands for salvation army general accident and all profits gets spent worldwide for the benefit of others

its what christ was teaching us, the vatican is behaving like the moneylenders in the temple and have lost their way, we need to turn their tables over and throw them out

U

user123

if i started a thread with an abusive message towards muslims/hindu's/budhists then there would be a public outcry to have me removed from the forum so why is it acceptable to publicly abuse another christian religion?

muslims, hindus and buddhists are not christians as they dont accept that jesus was the son of god

people and there beliefs are not for others to mock or scorn!
mikethetile i understand your views(coming from a deeply religious family and being the black sheep) and partially agree but many people have valuse in there faith and don't deserve to come onto a forum and be made to feel disgraced by the actions of a few

David has a very valid point... the 'another Christian religion' was just a slip within quick typing, I am certain David meant to say something like, 'another as in the Christian religion', and no we would not allow knocking any other religion or their leaders on here, and I for one can't think of a religion without skeletons in the cupboard, except maybe Buddhism? But I'm not an expert .. fact is that David is right that all followers of the same religion should not be tarred with the same brush, and our freedom of speech must be used wisely, and not inflame already sensitive matters.
It's so easy to fall into that trap of drumming to the war song of the bitter, isn't it.... let's not.
Well done David for speaking out about it. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to The Pope in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, Thanks for being members here on TilersForums.com - it is a pleasure to have you! I...
Replies
Views
Shower Tile Repair - Tile Waterproofing in Brownstown MI. Schluter wet room conversion 24h...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for 2 porcelain slabs from grespania coverlam bruno ( used to be medusa) either...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
The Pope
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks