Discuss The Pope in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

david campbell

I agree with you David

the muslim faith is no different and has the same roots, ive studied both the bible and quoran and theres a lot of common ground, its clearly different versions of the same beliefs

theres no room in modern society for these beliefs and without them the world would be a far better place

religion gives people values and morals to live to and is a great way to live life,over the last x amount of years when people have been dwindeling away from faiths the crime rate has rose and the everyday things we expect have become defunct,people nowadays have no respect or self-respect and is an estimation of how life is to become over the next generation or so..........the future looks bleak

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
religion gives people values and morals to live to and is a great way to live life,over the last x amount of years when people have been dwindeling away from faiths the crime rate has rose and the everyday things we expect have become defunct,people nowadays have no respect or self-respect and is an estimation of how life is to become over the next generation or so..........the future looks bleak

As I see it, money has become the new religion, and it's taken over everything including the original peace loving religions and as such, has twisted them beyond belief to satisfy the greedy few that control the financial institutions on this planet imho.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Perhaps we make a new rule.

I found this on another forum, but at first I thought we have a right to speak about whatever we want and I generally don't make rules about what not to say.

Though maybe we stop all religious and political talk from all our forums? It always attracts contributors with strong views and, like in the real world, can cause a riff when there was no need to have one?

Maybe we vote on this? Or would I be strongly opposed? haha

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
As I see it, money has become the new religion, and it's taken over everything including the original peace loving religions and as such, has twisted them beyond belief to satisfy the greedy few that control the financial institutions on this planet imho.
totally agree,money controls everything now to the point its destroying the planet

U

united

Perhaps we make a new rule.

I found this on another forum, but at first I thought we have a right to speak about whatever we want and I generally don't make rules about what not to say.

Though maybe we stop all religious and political talk from all our forums? It always attracts contributors with strong views and, like in the real world, can cause a riff when there was no need to have one?

Maybe we vote on this? Or would I be strongly opposed? haha

Good Idea :thumbsup:

U

user123

Hmmm, are you not confusing civilisation with religion? The crime rate is something that has been published in modern times, but really, statistics also show that for example crime toward children, like abduction and abuse is actually less now than it was 50 years ago, we just hear about so much more now. My view is not so pessimistic, on the contrary, the movement has been towards people having a voice, and the transition process is bound to be filled with things going too far the other way initially... like in all things finding a balance.

Spirituality will be allowed to come from within, I am certain that religious freedom will support this very healthy process. I know many good people who call themselves atheists, and to be honest, I personally know many more good people than godless and lawless ones, so keeping away from the media onslaught gives us possibly a more realistic view of what people are about.

F

faithhealer

for some reason this advert is being banned from advertising hoardings where the pope passes
_49098948_010183000-1.jpg

Reply to The Pope in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, Thanks for being members here on TilersForums.com - it is a pleasure to have you! I...
Replies
Views
Shower Tile Repair - Tile Waterproofing in Brownstown MI. Schluter wet room conversion 24h...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for 2 porcelain slabs from grespania coverlam bruno ( used to be medusa) either...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
The Pope
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.