Discuss The Pope in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

david campbell

thank you G!
i do not like being stigma'd with the faults of my predesesors(spell check:smilewinkgrin:) nor would my family, for all christain religions i quote " he without sin cast the first stone".
i do apologise if i have sounded pro-catholic on this subject but i hate the anti-catholic views ,maybe partly to do with growing up in the west of scotland but partley to do with my views on anti-racism and no nobody is allowed to talk about religion in my house because of these variances in opinion!!!!!!!

M

mikethetile

but catholics are not a race

its healthy to discuss openly different views a refusal is just suppression . it took me a long time to get to this point

no ones knocking your beliefs or religion, just taaking a light hearted pop at something that is fact and cant be denied. in fact its denial that has got the situation where it is , it should have been dealt with openly years ago and erradicated

any organisation that treats woman as animals and children as sex objects would normally be closed down

U

user123

Mike!! How can it be lighthearted when the Pope to some is really ordained by God, or whatever the terminology is?

The thread started with an image mocking the pope, and all David is saying that if it was a religious leader of any other religious organisation it would have been banned, and he is right. No-one is denying the wrong that happens, for me as a woman and as a child with pretty bad experiences this is not a problem with religion but with some men... don't anyone tell me that abuse is a purely catholic issue?? Abuse has to do with power, and power trips can be found everywhere.

H

hillhead

Religious beliefs are personal and should be respected, i've read all this and see where it's all coming from but the catholic church has it's faults like most others.
Not all priests abused,when younger i was a member of a cycling and outdoor activities club run by a local priest,he was a great man through and through thankfully(deceased now). It's sad to see what others went through though and my heart goes out to them.

D

david campbell

but catholics are not a race

its healthy to discuss openly different views a refusal is just suppression . it took me a long time to get to this point

no ones knocking your beliefs or religion, just taaking a light hearted pop at something that is fact and cant be denied. in fact its denial that has got the situation where it is , it should have been dealt with openly years ago and erradicated

any organisation that treats woman as animals and children as sex objects would normally be closed down
so where does that leave most muslim religious beliefs?(woman have no rights)

the pope is trying his hardest to erradicate these scumbags from the catholioc religion and should be thanked for this rather than villified

ps....without a catholic religion there would be no other christian religion(esp protestant)
so where is this going? can we all not live together in a utopian united kingdom rather than bullying unjust society!

G

Gazzer

Mike!! How can it be lighthearted when the Pope to some is really ordained by God, or whatever the terminology is?

The thread started with an image mocking the pope, and all David is saying that if it was a religious leader of any other religious organisation it would have been banned, and he is right. No-one is denying the wrong that happens, for me as a woman and as a child with pretty bad experiences this is not a problem with religion but with some men... don't anyone tell me that abuse is a purely catholic issue?? Abuse has to do with power, and power trips can be found everywhere.

Ahem, are you inferring its always only men that abuse ? May I take your attention back to a few nursery cases in the recent past !

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

so where does that leave most muslim religious beliefs?(woman have no rights)

the pope is trying his hardest to erradicate these scumbags from the catholioc religion and should be thanked for this rather than villified

ps....without a catholic religion there would be no other christian religion(esp protestant)
so where is this going? can we all not live together in a utopian united kingdom rather than bullying unjust society!

Fiddlesticks... the Copts were there long before...

Reply to The Pope in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, Thanks for being members here on TilersForums.com - it is a pleasure to have you! I...
Replies
Views
Shower Tile Repair - Tile Waterproofing in Brownstown MI. Schluter wet room conversion 24h...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for 2 porcelain slabs from grespania coverlam bruno ( used to be medusa) either...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
The Pope
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.