UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

• Thread starter project damager
  • Start date
  • Replies 56
  • Views 9K
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss The right to reply... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cjbombero

Having read both posts I would have to say mistakes have been made on both fronts. Anytime I do work or have contractors in my house I will happy sort out a deposit for materials before starting, the rest is paid on satisfactory completion, this way both parties know where they stand.

From the pictures it is clear that the guy has made a few mistakes, which with a bit of work can be remidied (basically addressing the 4th wall which is a long way out) Once the work is complete the guy gets his £'s.

There is a thing out there called "reasuringly expensive", basically meaning that if you have bought some nice tiles and want a flawless finnish you have got to pay the going rate (think M&S advetisements!) If you pay a very low rate then you have to realise that the quality may suffer as a result.

First thing first is you need to talk to each-other and reach a compromise.

cjbombero

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to The right to reply... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
    • Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.