Discuss Tile Lippage in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

Hi geronimo, I did a report a few months back for someone who came to the forum with a very similar problem to yours, as has already been mentioned it would probably be worthless in court but he did present it, via a solicitor, to the company/ tiler that did the work and as a result they had all the money refunded, (apart from the cost of the tiles) and the old floor removed. The problem isn't fully resolved yet (another story) but the long and short of it is, I will be re-tiling it for them in a few weeks. So a report by a professional isn't worthless altogether, just not a great weapon if the case were to reach the court stage. Hope this gives you a bit of hope in your quest for a remedy. All the best Bri.

G

Gall.B

The only positive thing about that job is the silicone bead around the tub!
My last 5 enquiries have been for remedying poor work. They really don't want to hear it needs to
be stripped back and started all over, which is perfectly understandable considering the financial outlay will most likely
more than double.
Best of luck in reaching a satisfactory conclusion.

Same here seeing more & more of this, viewed one recently that was posted on here lovely couple out a fortune due to some inexperienced spanner playing with folks hard earned cash!

R

RichieRich

Yes I must say that looking at this blokes work, its seems like he has just rushed and banged them down in a hurry. For him and his standards this may look alright,but to all of the rest of us its an awful job and he should come back and put it right for you at his expense. The fact that he can leave a customer unhappy just shows what kind of tradesman he is unfortunately.
Im only in Nottingham if I can help at all. Not sure there is much I can do but just shout if needed as i'm only down the road.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tile Lippage in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

How would you go about tiling a floor and or wall that's massively out of plumb ? When things...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Tile Lippage
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.