UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Tile shops that talk rubbish in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

The D

Ok I got the call today.
Hi dean do we owe you a payment?
Yes you do.
I thought we did I will get it paid today sorry for the delay.
Not a problem thank you for the call. And with that I was about to hang up.
Ermmmm while you are on we are still having problems with this stone (I’m thinking no sh it Sherlock) but I say in my best non gloating voice are you.
Yes we are not happy at all. There are marks all over the stone and (probably from where the tilers were jumping up and down on it )they have lade chipped tiles and are saying it is ok the island is going there. They have done the kitchen and utility and now have no more usable tiles (7 crates of stone and they can only find 2 usable ones) we do not like it and it is all going to have to come up will you come back and do the job when it is all sorted?
I would be happy to do the job for you but I have just taken on another job that I am committed to for at least 3 months so we will have to see if the timing falls in to place.
No problem we understand and we are willing to wait for you to fit the job in at your convenience.
Ok I will get back to you with some possible dates.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Well done mate. Well effin done!

What a result!

Why why why do they try to cut corners and get things 'cheaper' on such big jobs I will never every work out!

Well done though mate. I knew (at least hoped) that you got that exact call.

Well done for not laughing in their faces. I don't think I could have held back.

O

Olz

Excellent news mate,

No where near the same league but I walked away from a quote this week, had cheapo job all over it, only a small ensuite, approx 14m2 walls, in 400 x 150 ceramics.

Shower had leaked and gone through the ceiling below, customer had already ripped off all the old tiles, not only taking the plaster skim, but also most of the plasterboard with it.

Came out with the classic line.. Youll be able to just tile over that wont you.

She looked at me like id just whizzed on her kids when I told her that the existing plasterboards which now resembled swiss cheese would need taking down and replacing, even told her id replace with hardibacker as it was on offer and was much much better.

When I told her the shower area needed tanking she started to hide all the family jewellery!!

The icing on the cake was that she asked me to have a look at the kitchen floor installed in january, 400 x 400 polished porc, over wet UFH, over chipboard!!!

Grout cracked and missing from almost every joint, and the floor was only about 5m2.

I kid you not it actually creaked when you walked over it!! I suggested she should get whoever fitted it back as it was a comedy of errors and needed ripping up, prepping properly and redoing.

She couldnt understand why I couldnt just throw some more grout in and we could all live happily ever after, the final straw was she she said, im sure you wont charge for that though will you, you could just sort it before you leave after finishing the en suite.

I simply wont work for anyone who wants corners cutting anymore. Its either done right or done by someone else.

:mad2: :mad2:

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The D

Ok the sager goes on after the last call from the client. Lapicida have got a chap from Israel to go to the job and grind and polish the floor as the tilers that did the job threw them down liping all over the place and they put them in with the joints as v shapes and then ran the grinder down the joints to even them. The chap has to come back to do the final polish next week.

IMG_0898.jpg IMG_0892.jpg IMG_0893.jpg IMG_0897.jpg IMG_0900.jpg IMG_0916[1].jpg IMG_0917[1].jpg

Reply to Tile shops that talk rubbish in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello one and all, I have a 240m2 floor tiling job to price, including a tile upstand edged with...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.