UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Tile shops that talk rubbish in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

just checked out silex website and they look okay but i would be careful using someone they recommend as they could be friends ,an independant witness for court acts on behalf of the court to explain any technical issues and only answers questions put to them rather than giving their opinion on the quality of the stone or the fixing so your questions need to very precise and direct such as "does the 16mm ramp in the floor meet the current uk british standards" ,also make sure that you get witness statement form as many other contractors that may have been party to any conversations that took place regarding the quality of the stone and the fixing it may not look good for the customer the fact you warned him about the quality of the stone and he ignored your advice as this was the time to reject it, hopefully he will have all the correspondence from lapicida assuring him a quality finish ,its terrible when a job goes like this but I have seen this happen far more frequently in the past few years

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
What a bloody shame. I thought this was going to end up down this road. I don't know why Lapicida carried on with the installation when so much went so wrong. Whoever was managing the project and perhaps even the architect needs a bit of a word too as they should have put a stop to it long before it got to this. Or even better, just sorted it out with proper fixers.

I'd go with TTA route and definitely not a firm they recommend as they probably buy from them or something like that. TTA will appoint a suitable bloke who has no ties. And that'll get the resolution sorted quicker.

I can't believe it's still going on and not been sorted to be honest I'd be p1ssed off if it was my house.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tile shops that talk rubbish in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello one and all, I have a 240m2 floor tiling job to price, including a tile upstand edged with...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.