Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss Topps approved fitters in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

J

JIMBOB187

No trouble here fella, only thing to mention i ssome customers are shocked at the final price of materials etc, 48sqm of floating floor, imagine her face when Topps gave her a price for addy. The key is we build a quick relationship with the customer so if they go elsewhere for mats and tiles or say they don't want the approved system they stil use us to fit the job, just beware, DO NOT BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU, in other words don't poach the jobs from Topps the lads work on commision and you won't get many if anymore jobs, plus if yuour customer is confident in you they will use you whatever.

W

White Room

I had a customer blame me for the rong tiles becouse I picked them up for the customer and it was free delivery. An other wanted marble and dident want grout joints I did grout joints and it was rong he wanted it to look like one peace of marble.

Thats why I don't like working second hand, The customer is told this that and the other. You turn up and have'nt a clue whats going on and no information to work on, And they did'nt want grout joints:mad2:

G

Grace'sDad

As Fekin says - build a relationship with someone in the store.
(Get yourself a "champion" to use a sales phrase.)

It's also well worth having an open - straight to the point and friendly chat with the manager and staff about just how much info they are giving to the customer about your side of things - i.e. prices / grout joints / etc.

Early on I found that the staff were quoting all kinds of weird and wonderful prices - ranging from the dirt cheap to the ridiculous! I simply asked that they don't discuss price or fixing techniques AT ALL but leave it all to me.
I assured them that I would "sell" the service and educate the customer as to why they needed certain things and how I would do things. I think the staff were actually pleased to hear this - sometimes they must feel under pressure when customer fire questions they can't really answer.

Just ask them to leave this side to you - it worked for me!

(love that quote about the customer wanting monolithic look marble!)

Also - make sure you tighten up on your quotes to include specification like grout joint widths etc - get a signature before you begin. :thumbsup:

Reply to Topps approved fitters in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I know it wasn't all of them but it must have been all the ones that were working well that got...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I purchased some tiles on the 13th August from Topps Tiles in London, I wont say which one. But...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Topps Tiles in-store or online - Genuine Feedback, Positive or Otherwise. I used to work in a...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I'm due to have my shower area regrouted and I was hoping to find someone that has some spare...
Replies
Views

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Topps approved fitters
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies
Unsolved
--

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond