Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss Topps bridge saw in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

R

robbo

Anyone own one of these or have any views on it? From Topps......

PROFESSIONAL 900W BRIDGE SAW

http://www.**********.co.uk/s_product_images/M412_1_Q83200-103450.jpg

Powerful 900 watt (1.5HP) Induction motor
Overload protection to prevent motor damage
Motor trolley unit with ball bearing runners
Includes folding stand, mitre guide & parallel guide, folding and adjustable legs with wheels at rear, Detachable storage shelf
Large aluminium cutting table (92x46cm), large capacity water tray
200mm Diamond Cutting Wheel
Cuts tiles up to 600mm in length & 38mm thick
Cuts Granite, Porcelain, Ceramic, Quarry, Terracotta, Marble & Slate Tiles
Tilting blade for 0 - 45 degree mitre cuts

Last edited by a moderator:
R

robbo

Thanks for that Gaz, just looking at the mo as i've possibly got a big diametre slate job coming up and not sure if the cutter i've got will be man enough....

This is the one i have

Erbauer ERB180C Tile Cutter Chrome Top 230V

Tile Cutter with a convenient table size. Table is tiltable for various applications.
  • 720W
  • Blade Guard
  • Waterproof Switch
  • 180mm Diamond Blade
  • Cutting Depth at 90° 35mm
  • Chromium Coated Table
  • Overload Protection
http://www.NoLinksToThis/sfd/i/cat/31/p3350031_l.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
I've got one of those Robbo - Good machine.
I find that for the size of the beast I now wish I had gone bigger as 600 tiles barely fit - infact they don't if the cut is raking.
I've got a job where the LF tiles need mitring so will be hanging on to it for that but then I am looking to upgrade.

T

theyomper

I have one that I use on bigger jobs. It does spray a bit of water out but I'm going to re model the splash guard to improve that. As for the cutter it is large and heavy but the wheels make it easier. It has always cut true and I have had no problem in cutting any type of tile with it. ' It'sone to impress the Ladies with, " my thats a big cutter you have!!" With discount at Topps they should be £179 but if you know the manager then £169.

S

Spud

these small wet saws are under powered and struggle on some of the harder porcelain, save up and spend a about £700 and get a decent one there are loads of good wet saws on the market. i bought a rubi d300 16 years ago never had a problem with it other than replacing the wheels on the sliding tray i bought a 1500mm brigde saw 2 years ago for lagre format diagonal cutting both saws were expensive at the time but have paid for themselves many times over both machines have 2hp motors which cuts through 99%of tiles like a hot knife through butter good luck hope this post helps you

D

Daz

I've wacked allsorts through mine with no issues. Everything from fully vitrified ceramics and porcelain to natural stones and quarry tiles for a fire hearth.

It cuts really clean and true but does fire water everywhere! One customer parked his car near where I had set the cutter up and by the time I had finished cutting his 600 x 600 porcelain jobbies, the wind had sprayed it that much that the car had gone from red to white! I had to knock a fiver off so that he could take it through a car wash - LOL!

I believe that it was a great investment - got mine from Topps and paid £176 'ish.
Def worth the money IMO.

Reply to Topps bridge saw in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Wondering if anyone has got one of these tile cutters? Professional 900W Bridge Saw | Powered...
Replies
Views
A
Quality tool for accurate cutting of all types of tiles • Mitre, bevel and compound cuts •...
Replies
Views
ACB.tiling
A
For Sale Rubi DW- 200-N Bridge Saw 240 V I bought this off Dave at Trade tiler about 4 / 5...
Replies
Views
utopiainstallat
U
N
  • Question
Hi all Anyone had any experience with the Topps Bridge Saw large yellow radial arm saw...
Replies
Views
gizmo
G
D
The dewalt D2400 from tradetiler with a new offer of 2 x Dewalt Premium porcelain blades...
Replies
Views
simhopper
S

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Topps bridge saw
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies
Unsolved
--

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond