Discuss Un-paid work............ in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bubblecraft

I've had 1 customer in my time of trading who refused to pay a final payment. They said it was due to snagging work needing done. These small things were rectified but still refused to pay. She was a solicitor so knew all the ins & outs. The job didn't feel right from the start but I don't know how to refuse a job.

At the end of the day, its was easier to cut my losses & move on. They got away with £1250.

They later got done for insurance fraud

A

aphilp

In dealing with getting paid, I always ensure that the bulk of the money is paid during a Contract and then if the firm goes under, 3 of ours did this year, we were only owed retention and from one company very little of the contract money. The signs were there, and I was on the phone weekly getting monies in and I am very persuasive.

I have been accused of being annoying, irritating, abusive, aggressive etc when I am chasing monies, but I prefer to be known as professional and successful and do not take no for an answer.

Fortunately, most of our clients are the better ones and pay on time.

I always send a 7 day warning letter if money is late and not likely to be forthcoming and having been successful in the small claims court, never hesitate to issue court proceedings and follow through to get paid.

Three years ago, we were working for a company, which went under, and the Liquidators are still dealing with the money chase - I learned a lot of lessons from this on good credit control and that is why I have always tried to help others on the Forum when they have been knocked.

Anne

E

enduro

Bit different but i cleaned and re-grouted a large Terracotta floor in a house that had smoke & fire damage...I got paid for the job, then about 3 weeks ago i had a stroppy email from the company that on the final snagging their were some problems with the floor cleaning and the customer was not happy. They said if i did not sort the problems out within a week they would get another contractor in and invoice me for the work. :incazzato:I managed to get to have a look at the job on thursday. And after i had finished the job the client told me the painters came in a he has loads of paint/varnish on various parts of the floor. And he was happy with what i had done but wants the paint etc removed from the tiles. I had great pleasure replying to the email to the builder telling him it was his painters that damaged the floor and i will be sending him an invoice if he wants it sorted. :lol: I got an email back and all it said was.'ooh!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Bit different but i cleaned and re-grouted a large Terracotta floor in a house that had smoke & fire damage...I got paid for the job, then about 3 weeks ago i had a stroppy email from the company that on the final snagging their were some problems with the floor cleaning and the customer was not happy. They said if i did not sort the problems out within a week they would get another contractor in and invoice me for the work. :incazzato:I managed to get to have a look at the job on thursday. And after i had finished the job the client told me the painters came in a he has loads of paint/varnish on various parts of the floor. And he was happy with what i had done but wants the paint etc removed from the tiles. I had great pleasure replying to the email to the builder telling him it was his painters that damaged the floor and i will be sending him an invoice if he wants it sorted. :lol: I got an email back and all it said was.'ooh!

I've just had a do with plumber and spark over crap left on floor of a finished wetroom, plaster dust after they did cutting and then wiping down and the white plaster dust has now impregnated the brown grout. Have told them they will have to pay my time and materials for repair.

Two words - DUST SHEETS - why not try them, they're really good at keeping crap off floors!!!!!!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Un-paid work............ in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I can't be the only to start a job and get stung with the amount of work in it. Typical...
Replies
Views
R
Hi all, Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I'm really stuck with what...
Replies
Views
Richard Nessbert
R
Well, my second actually. Forgot to take photos of my first one, a kitchen floor, as got a bit...
Replies
Views
Is anyone finding it harder to get paid from domestic work? With some of the programmes on...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
J
ive been tiling for over 33yrs and in that time ive had some interesting jobs and worked for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB