Discuss What gives you the raving hump? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pebbs

I was just reading another thread on here, and I can imagine the customer hanging over the poor tiler doing the work. Ive seen it happens so many times on diff jobs, and it gives me the hump! The job is hard enough, without mr. bad breath, breathing on your neck.

The other thing that gives me the raving hump is when a Q.S. does a site visit, and starts questioning the fixing method and gets a spec out! No No No, you cant have a young lad tell a man of 60 how to do his job, its all wrong.

Am I alone............probably! :lol::lol:

Lynn

S

SandyFloor

Talking of QS's, I once claimed about 60 tonnes fabricated steelwork and the claim was rejected by the PQS. He then returned his valuation which on which he had subtracted the weight of the material missing from where holes hade been drilled and even calculated the subsequent difference in surface area and subtracted the painting for that area.

It didn't take long to sort out but it must have taken him hours to calculate it all and he wasn't even following the correct guidelines.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I was just reading another thread on here, and I can imagine the customer hanging over the poor tiler doing the work. Ive seen it happens so many times on diff jobs, and it gives me the hump! The job is hard enough, without mr. bad breath, breathing on your neck.

The other thing that gives me the raving hump is when a Q.S. does a site visit, and starts questioning the fixing method and gets a spec out! No No No, you cant have a young lad tell a man of 60 how to do his job, its all wrong.

Am I alone............probably! :lol::lol:

Lynn

Lynn I know what you mean, I am going through a similar thing at the moment. I have a customer who has had a sow's ear turned into a silk purse, but is bitching about diiddley squat. I leave a job in the best condition humanly possible, it seems you can never please some people,. A little knowledge is very dangerous. This customer has picked on the wrong guy, at the wrong time. Watch THIS SPACE.:mad2:

U

user123

Lynn I know what you mean, I am going through a similar thing at the moment. I have a customer who has had a sow's ear turned into a silk purse, but is bitching about diiddley squat. I leave a job in the best condition humanly possible, it seems you can never please some people,. A little knowledge is very dangerous. This customer has picked on the wrong guy, at the wrong time. Watch THIS SPACE.:mad2:

Go get him, Phil, you're THE MAN!!!! :smash:

W

White Room

diehard2.jpg

:grin::grin:

D

Daz

Good timing Lynn with this thread.

I've had the right raving hump all day :incazzato:.

Initially, I got stuck in a 1.5 hour traffic jam on the way to work.
Then, my customer tells me she wants a horizontal border, so I says "I'll give you a shout once I've done the setting out so that you can confirm your approval of the border position". I call her to come and approve and she says "Can I show a picture where the border runs either side if the sink vanity unit?". Yep, that's correct she decided that she wants vertical borders either side of the vanity and over the bath :mad2::mad2:.

Then, when I put a straight edge on the "freshly" plastered walls I could get my fingers between the wall and straight edge in the hollows :incazzato::mad2:.

So today I've really got the hump with so called time served plasterers.

P

Pebbs

And another thing....someone on here pm'd me as he wanted a tiler to do a couple of rooms for him, he rang me and asked me if I could go round his house to have a look after 7pm, but I cant do that, Im not allowed to go to strange mens houses alone. Then he rang me and then told me he needed a plumber as well...(ok I got hold of a good plumber who works well with the tiler who would do it) So then he said can they come round after 7? because I dont get home till that time! so I emailed him at the weekend and said they will be there after 7...this afternoon he emailed me and said, I got to be out of the house by 7!, he sounds a nice enough guy but he's given me the hump now, if he cant even get his act together about what time to go look, then I havent got the patience to deal with it.

Lynn

Reply to What gives you the raving hump? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Got asked by a manager of a tile store to go and look at a job the other night, it was done by a...
Replies
Views
P
Here is my all to common rant of the week before I go on my holiday tomorrow. I am a woman, its...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
P
I constantly see on here, two sides to how much work people have on. On the one side we have...
Replies
Views
Pebbs
P
T
Some of you will know I have had an issue with the stone that was supplied by Lapicida. What you...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
S
Many tilers are going through a quiet period at this time of year and with the media talking...
Replies
Views
redlee
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
What gives you the raving hump?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.