Discuss What gives you the raving hump? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

Good timing Lynn with this thread.

I've had the right raving hump all day :incazzato:.

Initially, I got stuck in a 1.5 hour traffic jam on the way to work.
Then, my customer tells me she wants a horizontal border, so I says "I'll give you a shout once I've done the setting out so that you can confirm your approval of the border position". I call her to come and approve and she says "Can I show a picture where the border runs either side if the sink vanity unit?". Yep, that's correct she decided that she wants vertical borders either side of the vanity and over the bath :mad2::mad2:.

Then, when I put a straight edge on the "freshly" plastered walls I could get my fingers between the wall and straight edge in the hollows :incazzato::mad2:.

So today I've really got the hump with so called time served plasterers.

You must have small fingers Daz:lol:

S

SandyFloor

It really gives me the hump when you turn up to start the job and they havent removed the items from the bathroom or kitchen! like the dishes are all over the worktops! and the rubber duck is still floating in the bath!

That happened to me last year in an extension. Very large kitchen table left with dirty breakfast dishes . Two drying horses fully laden which could have been relocated anywhere in the house.Kids toys left over the floor. Was there three days and it was the same every morning. :incazzato:

P

Pebbs

I got the hump today, after opening the post, to find a notice from a dodgy debt collectors for a parking offence on the van from back in July, issued by some company called Central Ticketing Ltd. This is news to me, and to make it worse its outside one of the lads flats. I think its one of those private firms, anyhow surprise surprise no phone number on it, so another piece of crap to fight over and sort out. How do things stand with these private parking enforcement companies does anyone know?

Lynn

Reply to What gives you the raving hump? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Got asked by a manager of a tile store to go and look at a job the other night, it was done by a...
Replies
Views
P
Here is my all to common rant of the week before I go on my holiday tomorrow. I am a woman, its...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
P
I constantly see on here, two sides to how much work people have on. On the one side we have...
Replies
Views
Pebbs
P
T
Some of you will know I have had an issue with the stone that was supplied by Lapicida. What you...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
S
Many tilers are going through a quiet period at this time of year and with the media talking...
Replies
Views
redlee
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
What gives you the raving hump?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.