Discuss What gives you the raving hump? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

I think it's time we got a pic of Big Dave :thumbsup:

the-stig.jpg

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
I got the hump today, after opening the post, to find a notice from a dodgy debt collectors for a parking offence on the van from back in July, issued by some company called Central Ticketing Ltd. This is news to me, and to make it worse its outside one of the lads flats. I think its one of those private firms, anyhow surprise surprise no phone number on it, so another piece of crap to fight over and sort out. How do things stand with these private parking enforcement companies does anyone know?

Lynn

Lynn, I've had experience with these idiots many times and always managed to get off paying them, it just depends if you got the cahoonas not to worry about the notices they send, 'cos they make you sound like you have comitted a murder or something, anyway the short of it is that they haven't got a leg to stand on if you don't contract with them in the first place, after all they are companies after all is said and done, and being very simplistic about it, if you don't want to trade with them, do nothing. They are very intimidating, so if you fold halfway through, it's gonna cost ya big time.

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
Wasn't there something on the news about this the other day, that this is totally illegal now? I would do nothing, too, Pebbs... morons ...

That's correct G, in fact it's never been legal to enforce the way they do, it's in breach of the administration of justice act, and when I've quoted this at them in the long ago past they get the hump and start sending you random rubbish, because they are backed into a corner, and act like the little kids and weirdos that they really are.:thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
They're allowed to ticket you still (and that's what the government want) but not clamp or tow away the car.

So if you got ticketed, you'll probably have to pay it to be honest. Orrrrrrr, spend a lot on arguing it (or at least spend nothing but send a few letters first perhaps?)

Ask them for evidence. And checkout this for some advice, not quite accurate now though I don't think but they might have updated it.
Parking Ticket Appeals: Fight unfair council parking tickets...

I've argued 4 fines now, 2 council, 2 private, and have paid non of them. You get to a point in arguing that they do just give up. There are some cool templates on there to download and edit.

Two of my tickets were on the same day, at the hospital. My Mrs had to go in for a scan and I met her from work for support at the hosptial, we parked just outside where there wasn't a sign saying "ticket required" and the paint in the road had been covered by fresh road surfacing just at one end. Apparently if a yellow line isn't ended correctly, or even crosses a grid (so there is a break in it) - it's not ticketable. though there wasn't yellow lines here there were white lines broken up every 2ft with a 2ft blank bit, but the very end of the row of about 30 spaces had fresh surface on it. I took pictures, mentioned that. I also said that there is insifficient parking at the hospital due to them expanding it, and I got a copy of the local rag that said they are putting on more busses on the route to encourage people to not go in cars.

I basically said their whole parking situation is a disaster and that unless they can prove that we could have found a space, or found a ticket machine, or theres a bus I could have taken, then I'm not paying it and will be quite happy to argue my points in court.

I had no reply, and I passed the 14 day thing to get the fine cheaper, I got another letter saying I now owe £75 per find and not £40 or something, so I sent a copy of the same original letter saying they've cocked up again and never replied or put the ticket on hold, and I'd like a reply to my original letter.

3 months later I got a reply saying something along the lines of "given the circumstances in this case we're happy to write off the fines, though please do find a parking space and put a ticket on the car next time" sort of thing.

S

SandyFloor

SPEED HUMPS or bumps whatever you want to call them. Had to spend about £220 to repair steering the mechanic said was due to these abominations. The only good thing about them is the daft lads with their pimped up Corsas need to crawl over them to save ripping their dumb exhausts off. I know they're doing their job and slowing up traffic but I keep my my speed well in check in built up areas so they're a major annoyance to me....hate them.

Reply to What gives you the raving hump? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Got asked by a manager of a tile store to go and look at a job the other night, it was done by a...
Replies
Views
P
Here is my all to common rant of the week before I go on my holiday tomorrow. I am a woman, its...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
P
I constantly see on here, two sides to how much work people have on. On the one side we have...
Replies
Views
Pebbs
P
T
Some of you will know I have had an issue with the stone that was supplied by Lapicida. What you...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
S
Many tilers are going through a quiet period at this time of year and with the media talking...
Replies
Views
redlee
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
What gives you the raving hump?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.