Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Accident to PHG truck. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Ouch!

Yeah, I think I'd sack him for that?! I'd even be pursuing for some cash if the insurance don't pay out as it wasn't operated correctly!

reminds me of that famous incident somewhere where a car tipped off the edge of a road into a bay (by the sea) and then a small hi-ab tried to get it and that fell over the edge, then a big artic tried to get the hi-ab and that fell in too! haha

We've had the pics on the site somewhere, and my old man has them in his garage too lol

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Feel sorry for Dave at PHG, deverses better than that. Hope 'the drivers', there when we have our screed meet there so we can torture him.

If he's a good lad, maybe keep him on and rib him for years. Personally, I'd cut the losses now, I'm sure there are plenty of drivers who'd love a job right now, ones that would stick the feet out correctly! :oops:

D

DHTiling

Dave were you at that house waiting on the trav? :oops:
That's nasty for any business,big or small.

I priced the job last week Joe, but they went ahead with another tiler who could do it quick.. won't go into details but i wish them luck on their thin ply sub-floor..

On the other note, he will be stuffed without the Truck.. i am trying to think of ways to get something sorted.. he is not just my stone supplier and the guy i get loads of work from. he is my mate as well and i want to help.

D

Deleted member 9966

gross misconduct offence in my eyes. ultimate H&S no no, loss of fairly new truck, loss of trav, loss of reputation to anybody who sees the photo's.

tell the boss to write the lad a letter, invite him to a meeting in 3 days time, have the meeting, go through the facts, tell him he's sacked, boss to write to confirm he is sacked, issue P45.

if the lad was told to balance the truck properly before loading or off loading, then he's failed to follow instructions designed to keep him and the public safe. if he gets away with it once, how many more corners will he cut?

:ban:

Reply to Accident to PHG truck. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views
J
So I've had my 1200 for a while now and it's done 5-600 cuts, mainly travertine, 610 x 405 x...
Replies
Views
Jelthetiler
J
B
I want the trade’s advice as to what I should do? It’s a bit long but it is condensed My wife...
Replies
Views
Anneelizabeth
A
G
If I ever was cool that is.. For the past year I have been working with my brother since our...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
C
I am in no doubt that our friend Wivers is now flying high! Before a company goes public...
Replies
Views
wivers
W

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Accident to PHG truck.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.