Discuss any advice re bad tiling job would be appreciated in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

sparkle333

I will try, i was told yesterday that I shouldn't have 18 mm over board and should have been 9 mm she told me to get 18 mm , and now its going to make it tricker to take loo out and will have a gap under my bathroom door as she didn't start floor tiling under it etc, so should I get that all re done too, omg what a nightmare just gets worse and worse and im so worried my underfloor heating will not survive all this

S

sparkle333

so do I leave this 18 mm down or get 9 mm put down instead then, with the tiles and adhesive im going to have a 25 mm increase in height from landing to bathroom, the floor was in ok condition , the centre area was fine the sides where it had been taken up loads for rewiring and plumbing wasn't so great but then the sides near airing cupboard wouldn't really be walked on , I can only ask her for like to like replacement , that's the problem , is back board dearer

S

sparkle333

ok so that's not so bad then , is it easy to fit , sir ramic do tillers usually remove the loo if doing the job, as my plumber lives in rugby so a bit far away to come and just do that, ive got someone coming to give me a quote today , and shes getting back to me today after speaking to her mother to see if she will lend her the money. is this pre mixed adhesive a defo no no then , so I can tell her to to get bags if she will agree to that

S

sparkle333

I can and will remove the pan if I forsee no issues. Some tilers wont and really shouldnt have to. I cant speak for another tiler.
As for other questions, this thread is so long now I am getting confused to who did what and what with. Also with what you intend to do to get a satisfactory result.
I see you are talking about removing the floor now...totally confused.com :huh2:

I don't want to remove the floor, I had someone come take look yesterday and he told me whole job was a mess from start to finish inc the floor , and recommended all tiles and floor to be removed , im going to try see if can keep floor and ive just ordered a toilet offset, the toilet has only been in about 2/3 wks , but I would rather find someone that can do all than get someone in to do loo etc. im sorry to be a pain guys , but ur being so helpful

C

charlie1

Why not just add up the amount you spent on tubs etc, and ask her to refund the total amount. Then put that towards the next tilers bill.

Getting involved again in supplying materials could cause more trouble hey

yep, agree. Refund for materials for next tilers bill. Each tiler will specify there own adhesive so you won't know what to get until you have sourced a good tiler.

S

sparkle333

yes shes going to send me a refund into my account 2 moz as long as I send her an email saying that will be the final amount I want, and nothing to be added on later.

ive just been round to my mates and her ex hub was there and talk about small world, he works in a tile shop lol, I showed him the photos and agreed with everyone on here but added a few more worrying things, he said my new floor might be damaged after tiles are removed, my new plaster boarded wall could have chunks come out too and the other 2 walls as the house is old has a good chance plaster will be in worse condition, so probably will need room reboarded. also shes only given me refund for the tiles shes used and not the spare 2 m of wall tiles and 1.5 m of floor tiles , hes told me they will have different dye lots and could come a different shade and might not match so this has now worried me too, so I don't know whether to go back to her and explain all this, and here I was thinking it was all sorted gee

but on the plus side he knows a tiler that will do me mates rates and is good and he rang him whilst I was there hes coming round sat to look and can start next wk , yippy lol

C

charlie1

yes shes going to send me a refund into my account 2 moz as long as I send her an email saying that will be the final amount I want, and nothing to be added on later.

ive just been round to my mates and her ex hub was there and talk about small world, he works in a tile shop lol, I showed him the photos and agreed with everyone on here but added a few more worrying things, he said my new floor might be damaged after tiles are removed, my new plaster boarded wall could have chunks come out too and the other 2 walls as the house is old has a good chance plaster will be in worse condition, so probably will need room reboarded. also shes only given me refund for the tiles shes used and not the spare 2 m of wall tiles and 1.5 m of floor tiles , hes told me they will have different dye lots and could come a different shade and might not match so this has now worried me too, so I don't know whether to go back to her and explain all this, and here I was thinking it was all sorted gee

but on the plus side he knows a tiler that will do me mates rates and is good and he rang him whilst I was there hes coming round sat to look and can start next wk , yippy lol

Hmmmm... Concerning !

please go and look at his work before, im booked up til april...that speaks volumes.

as I said many posts ago you will need the same batch and shade from the supplier to match your remaining boxes.

Also as said when the tiles are removed there will probably be damage to the substrate. However as you know the walls should have been sorted out before hand so that is something you should have had done in the first place !!

S

sparkle333

im not talking about the walls I didn't get done, im talking about the new stud wall that has been tiled and my new floor mainly , that I have already paid out for being ruined that's more of a concern

this guy will be a good tiler, cos my mates ex hub wouldn't recommend someone that's crap cos hes a manager in a big well known tile shop and he said that would give the shop a bad reputation, when I said I would only want someone that was experienced and decent, he might have had a cancellation ill find out more on sat there could be a genuine reason, but im really not worried cos hes fully aware of what ive been put through so far and I would rather have someone recommended than me trying to find someone

S

sparkle333

im just getting him to come and have a look on sat and give me a quote, ill ask him questions and ask to see some of his work etc too, its the cost of someone to put boards on too, plasterer told me today normal boards are a round a fiver and the moisture ones around 10-12 each, the new stud wall with all the shower and jets positioned would be a pain to have to reboard , he said 2 straight walls would charge me half a days wages. someone else suggested tiling over the tiles , not sure if that's a good idea or not

Reply to any advice re bad tiling job would be appreciated in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB