Discuss Any of you guys Guitar Players? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Any of you guys play guitar?

Been playing since a kid but I don't play anywhere near enough these days.

The tunes I play now were the same tunes I played when I was 10 lol - just arguably a little better but still in the amature stages in comparison to good players.

A guy taught me who's now got a band (the way) when we were both about 9, I then taught another mate when I was about 16 and then another when I was about 20 and both of those are now in bands and play loads better than I can. I just never progressed much past playing to myself after a few slurps.

The other half hates me playing as it's like a stuck record. Lots of Oasis and Beatles songs and not much else lol (oh, and she'll be coming round the mountain when she comes - she HATES that!).

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Drums rock. You can get a good beat out of drums just using a couple of them, and then just practise whacking the other ones every now and again to see if you can get it sound like a nice repeating beat (some drum players will correct me with my terminology there though lol). I have to say out of the few bands I know, the drummers are usually the ones you'd think are much less musically orientated. But they just seem to tap with their fingers at the bar, tap their feet when there's another tune on, and they just seem to have the special gift.

Guitarists are often musicians that can play a couple of other instruments too, if you can read music you're laughing. I can't though, take a while to learn a tune as a result and often it's sort of play it by hear, literally.

If you have a pit of patience give it a go Liz, otherwise, get the drums on the go and just bash 'em to bits! :D

Reply to Any of you guys Guitar Players? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey guys, I normally post over in diynot for general DIY but wrt tiling over timber I need some...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
A
Hi everyone. Apologies in advance if this post is a little long winded. Couple of years ago, a...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
2 3
Replies
Views
T
Hi all, I'm hoping you can give me an opinion on the quality of this work as I'm having a bit...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
Any of you guys Guitar Players?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.