UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Anything nice on this week.? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Started repairing a few floor tiles today and most of 1 half came up so i spent the day taking up tiles and addy and checking rest, night shift at my local mcdonalds replacing tiles but this could turn into a big job as i suspect the whole floor will have to come up, back to lay and grout floor i started today then bathroom suite change and probably full re-tile for rest of the week and hopefully a couple more nights on the mcdonalds job if it needs it. all exciting stuff!

when you going to sleep......lol

S

Spud

Nothing exciting for me this week today just finishing off a fair sized job I have been working on and going back to another job I did before xmas to do all the silicone work tomorrow ,might be starting a rip out of a tiled floor where the previous tiler had unibonded the anhydrite floor then used a cement based adhesive the whole floor is loose so its all being skipped and I am relaying it

M

Mike

i had a nightmare start to a new wetroom today,i was enveloping the floor and i struggled to cut 600 x 300 porcelain (very hard) on the 45 degrees as they kept breaking on one of the grout lines running through the tiles. i got the wet cutter out only to see my marchrist blade was damaged so after a quick call to dave at tradetiler i've ordered a dna montiblade at £120 :yikes:. i eventually got the floor enveloped with the sigma then got the wall tiles out (also 600 x 300) to find the 2 colours 4mm difference in length and width. after trying all ways the customer wants the dark wall tiles in the wetroom on 45 and the light tiles eveyrwere else. i think this is going to be a bigger job than anticipated. all day work though so i guess that's some consolation. i think a drink is required :8:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Anything nice on this week.? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

T
It’s in open forum so ‘mind your language ‘! On Monday last week I did something I’ve not done...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
What the customer said: Sean: You do not have enough tiles to complete the job. Cust: Thank God...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
I've had a job booked in for over 7 weeks, a big wet room in a hotel, booked it in for 8 days...
Replies
Views
Bit of a strange subject title for a tiling forum, but that’s what I’ve had for the past 10...
Replies
Views
Russell brown
R
G
Hi, We had a partial wet room installed in our first floor bathroom over 3 years ago by a...
Replies
Views
Gemma
G

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.