UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss B&Q Installation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

Graham

now is the time to take action against B&Q. Get yourself to the Citizens Advice Bureau and ask them to help you formulate a letter detailing all the issues and how you want it all resolved and in what time frame. If you're thinking you need more clout than this, and can afford to, speak to a solicitor who will be able to draft a letter for you. Make sure the letter is posted via a recorded delivery method that requires a signature so that you can trace that it has been received. Also add in for your loss of earnings that will be required when you have to take more time off work to have this whole sorry mess rectified. Take photo's of all the bad work, make sure you have all the names and details required for your letter.

I'm surprised with a big reputation like B&Q's that they haven't done more to avert this mess.

GRR

B

bugs183

Have you got any spare tiles???
If so place two together back to back and see how flat they are, also squeeze the ends together and see if they rock, i would lay money that the tiles themselves are the usual B@Q duff quality.
If the tiles are bent or distorted he shouldn't have fixed them, both as a professional and as he represents B&Q.
But the quality of his workmanship in the areas you have shown us are not up to scratch anyway.
What is the rest of the job like? Do you want him back?? And fixing a problem like that window is not going to be a quick job.
Sorry you've paid for a poor job there.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to B&Q Installation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
Work Done Epoxy grout was installed by the Grouting company on the tiles on the external balcony...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.