Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Brand new concept product for tilers. But would you use it? How much would you pay? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

I am working with software to create a new tool for tilers and at the moment
I have it as a wire frame and a 3D model.

The idea is that it will hold steady any diamond core from size 65mm to 125mm which in effect are the larger size cores.

Please feel free to add your valuable comments. My aim here is to compete the offering that we can clamp any size from 6mm to 125mm. At the moment we only offer a clamp from 6mm to 65mm.

Here is my work so far:

Basically I would create an injection mould for a single part.

29850_393514997013_617362013_4216898_4052440_n.jpg

Then by using two of them you can lock them together into a clamp.

29850_393514987013_617362013_4216897_7931117_n.jpg

And adjust it to fit the core of your choice.

To stop the guide plate moving you would have to stand on it, so I am thinking of calling it a STAND CLAMP.

29850_393515002013_617362013_4216899_4513762_n.jpg

This is the wire frame to show I have put in a series of teeth at 2mm intervals.

So the questions are:
1) If you bought a large core would you expect this item for free?
2) If not would you pay for it?
3) If so how much would you pay?

What I have done is to engineer the size so that the unit could be packed into our existing clamshell packaging.

65mm.jpg

The two pieces could be presented in a clamshell like the one above and sold along side cores in retailers.

If I have to pack the core and the guide together on the larger sizes then its a bit crowded in the clamshell.

125mm.jpg

Your comments please !

D

Deleted member 1779

Re: Brand new concept product for tilers. But would you use it? How much would you p

Hmmm so you will be up against this ?

Yes exactly right. Thats the other product out there. Its shortfall? Its range is limited to 112mm

Most extract fans start at 115mm so I wanted a lightweight product that could clamp 115mm 120mm 125mm as well as all the sizes from 65mm to 110mm.

And my thinking was to give them away with each core purchased.

D

Deleted member 1779

Re: Brand new concept product for tilers. But would you use it? How much would you p

A good idea but id want it free with the drill bit.

Thats what I assumed people would say. They would not want to pay for it.

1526920090316205731.jpg

I could pack them into a case but then that adds cost which we would have to pass on. I think the answer on this is to really just give them away. The production cost would be about £2 to injection mould each one so its not exactly going to be a costly giveaway.

My only issue then is really how to pack them for retail. As part of the pack or as a separate item. I think we are at the limit with the clamshell so we will see !

Reply to Brand new concept product for tilers. But would you use it? How much would you pay? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S
G
Hi I recently fitted 6no. 3000mm x 1500mm 6mm porcelain tiles , customer could not find a tiler...
Replies
Views
One Day
O
T
Hi all, I'm hoping you can give me an opinion on the quality of this work as I'm having a bit...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys & Girls Iv been tiling for just over two years now. Needed a career change after years...
Replies
Views
dbstiling
D
J
Hi, I'm currently a desk based engineer but don't particularly enjoy it and would much prefer...
Replies
Views
J

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Brand new concept product for tilers. But would you use it? How much would you pay?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.