Discuss cant get my breath in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

What can you say
MSN-Emoticon-139.gif

J

johnryan

i think years ago, before they had new adhesives the spec was to lay at least 4" of screed reinforced with chicken wire onto floorboards to remove any bounce. also, i remember someone laying quarry tiles directly onto semi wet screed as he was setting the screed, then grouting with semi dry sand and cement the next morning. this is going back some time though, and i didn't think anyone still did it that way now. as far as i know though, they weren't bad methods, just outdated now.

S

Spud

if you slurry the backs with sbr bond and neat cement they fix really nicely to semi dry sand and cement Rob ,I will send you some pictures of the fixing method if you need any advice on it:thumbsup:if the plywwod s 18mm and sturdy you can put building paper down and do an inch thick screed on eml mesh and it will be fine and its common practice in the U.S

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

if you slurry the backs with sbr bond and neat cement they fix really nicely to semi dry sand and cement Rob ,I will send you some pictures of the fixing method if you need any advice on it:thumbsup:if the plywwod s 18mm and sturdy you can put building paper down and do an inch thick screed on eml mesh and it will be fine and its common practice in the U.S

I have fixed tens of thousands of m2 using this method, pure cement slurry with SBR, or two part epoxy on to semi dry screed , laid the same day .Never had a failure. imo the most accurate flooring system ever.:thumbsup:

Reply to cant get my breath in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A
Been to look at a job today.Huge brewery thats being converted into accomodation and offices...
Replies
Views
T
D
US Astronaut Neil Armstrong Dies Aged 82 His family said they were "heartbroken" by his death...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
C
hi all, i posted this thread in the arms as i didnt want the general public to hear my rant or...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
Marksmithtiling
M
G
As some of you will know I only started my business in January 1st this year. Things are going...
Replies
Views
heavytrevy
H
C
WARNING!!! Waffle imminent I know I’ve banged on about it before but it really pays to talk to...
2 3
Replies
Views
Richard Edwards
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

rotherham

Thread Information

Title
cant get my breath
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.