Discuss clugston in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

nybor62

TF
rotherham
started a job yesterday for clugston new auditorium in scun-thorpe 600m2 150x150 british ceramics .

1st day 2 hr induction , done by the most boring man i have ever met ,
loved the sound of his own voice

you must wear goggles all the time & gloves and helmet and hi viz no exceptions if i see you once with out your off

we have to fill in a take time booklet every morn and post in take time box ,
what job are you doing, will you be driving any plant ,doing any scaffolding ect ect

this job is months behind cant think why

he then went on to tell us he loves tiling as done 1000 of m2 tiling and his brilliant at it

i thought here we go know it all , get ready

G

Gall.B

Would make you cry some of these big sites you end up walking around looking like something out of a sci fi movie :34: surely by now you should be able to get some sort of general induction certificate for each builder (cscs) to cut down lengthy inductions etc its not so bad if your on a day rate, nothing worse when your on a price and just want to get going.

Sounds like a decent job bud apart from mr Smart Bum, must be a Joiner to trade :lol:

P

Pebbs

3rd day on this job 2 day what a night mare trying to get fork truck driver to fetch you tiles all tiles are on 1st floor were working on ground floor , sick of waiting , have to wait untill he has done all deliveries as they park on main road to unload , 1 - 2 hrs later wtf are my tiles:mad2:

Sorry to say it but Gall is right about the £20.00 in the pocket, the only way to get our stuff to the floors at Canary Wharf in good time was pushing £20.00's into pockets. Welcome to the world of the Fork Lift Mafia, they control the sites. If you complain your materials will be sitting there all day, on all big jobs these days I put a bribe buffer in for these occurances, or we would never get anything up on the higher floors. Could be worse, you could be fighting with other trades for the hoist.

Loading hours...never....I wish!

Lynn

Reply to clugston in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, My tiler has just left and apart from him chatting to me about his life story for majority...
Replies
Views
I'm a chippy, I fit a lot of kitchens and some bathrooms, inevitably I have done quite a bit of...
Replies
Views
K
Hello, I am new to this site and seeking some advice on the tiling in our new bathroom. We are...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
2 3
Replies
Views
A
Hi guys Just a quick update on phil for you all. He's out of hospital now and in a new...
2 3
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

rotherham

Thread Information

Title
clugston
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.