Discuss Crash in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
The very same has just happened to me.

just had renewal notice for car insurance. Doubled in price due to 2 claims end of last year.
1 was a scuff on the front bumper in a supermarket.
2nd was my wife brushing away a spiders web on the dash and bumping into a taxi taking a disabled kid to school. Low speed, airbag didn't go off. Taxi driver got out, ok'd his car, swapped details and went.
Just found out when I rang as to why the insurance had doubled.

First claim cost £1300
2nd was £5500 due to whiplash claims from taxi driver and passenger........£1500 worth of damage to his car, and hire car costs.

I phoned insurance company, and was told he had his car fixed by my company's approved garage. Also they went to see my companies approved consultant, and as far as I'm concerned, blagged it and got a nice payout.

I have ALWAYS hated this compensation culture that this country has got into..........but I think if anyone ever crashed into me........then I will be going down this route now.

D

Dougs Third Go

Doug would you say you got your car back as good as it was before. My wife had a crash in her car and after it was repaired it never felt the same as before so we got rid of it. .
I'd only had it a fortnight at the time Andy, so I was still getting used to it, it did come back minus 3 chrome trims that they said they couldn't source, (2 rear lamp and 1 threshold).

W

WetSaw

I'd only had it a fortnight at the time Andy, so I was still getting used to it, it did come back minus 3 chrome trims that they said they couldn't source, (2 rear lamp and 1 threshold).

A friend of mine had exactly the same with his Warrior.Should have been written off.
His had a tow bar and the crash damaged the chassis,they made the mounting holes oval so they could fit the tow bar back on!
2 years later he's still fighting to get it sorted. It scrubs tyres,the roller cover on the new pickup bed leaks and loads of other problems.

S

Stef

Car in at the garage & a nice wee courtesy car delivered..
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395080885.033344.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395080895.017417.jpg

Hope to find out in the next few days what's happening to my car.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Crash in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
HI, Excuse the length and new thread, but it reads super fast. I could use some advice. There...
Replies
Views
eric123
E
F
Had one today, Went to look at the job prior to starting. It's a plumber who I know's daughter...
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
What the customer said: Sean: You do not have enough tiles to complete the job. Cust: Thank God...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
J
bit of an expensive mistake I couldn't believe ive done it. when I rang the client to explain...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB