Discuss Dash Cams. Do you have them? We have them in the 365Van and 365Car in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
Re: Dash Cams. Do you have them? We have them in the 365Van and 365C

3 point and got done again a few weeks ago, 61 in a 50 through road works on the M1. Have opted for driver awareness course. I did one a few months back for cutting across some hatchings on the M62.
I've been quite unlucky recently, Got a parking ticket, congestion charge fine and the speeding one within 3 days of each other. Then last week got a £60 fine for staying in some services for more than 2 hours without paying. Wouldn't mind but it was 4am and I only pulled in to have an hours kip......fell asleep for 4!!!

J

J Sid

Should have had one. This morning at 7:30 ☹

Attachments

• WP_20131026_08_17_02_Pro.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 63

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip

Just out of interest, how many of us have zero points on our licence?
Zero points now, but got 3 when I overtook a police bike doing 33 in a 30 zone on the A40. I also got told off for leaning on his bike as he was talking to me. I was only 18! Got to get myself one of those cams.

C

Concrete guy

Just out of interest, how many of us have zero points on our licence?

I'm clean but I have been a high as 9 points all for speeding.

I've slowed down now in my middle age and got more sensible cars.

Going back a few years I owned a 1988 Range Rover with a 5.0 TVR motor. Then I bought a Mercedes 1991 560 SEC AMG which I had modified further, that thing absolutely flew and cost me a few points and nearly a ban.

I was a petrol head in my 30's as I used to do a little track racing. But now I drive a Diesel Estate car and am rather more sensible.

The sound of a large capacity V8 still turns my head.

I fitted one at the beginning of this year after getting fed up of the atrocious driving by other drivers. It's a fit and forget type that records all the time the engine is running. It cost about £150 but within five days it recorded someone driving straight into the side of me. I explained to them about the camera, showed them where it was fitted and they admitted full liability there and then. The following day I got a call from their insurance telling me to take the van to an approved repairer, picked up a courtesy hire van, and within two weeks had my van back, fully repaired. The cost of repairs was in excess of £2000 and completely hassle free. The camera has more than paid for itself and I'd recommend them fully

I

Ian

I fitted one at the beginning of this year after getting fed up of the atrocious driving by other drivers. It's a fit and forget type that records all the time the engine is running. It cost about £150 but within five days it recorded someone driving straight into the side of me. I explained to them about the camera, showed them where it was fitted and they admitted full liability there and then. The following day I got a call from their insurance telling me to take the van to an approved repairer, picked up a courtesy hire van, and within two weeks had my van back, fully repaired. The cost of repairs was in excess of £2000 and completely hassle free. The camera has more than paid for itself and I'd recommend them fully

Do you have a link to the camera you own please Sean.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip

I was looking for a cam before going on holiday over Easter. I wish I had bought one because when I got my car back from the 'meet and greet' company at Gatwick my front bumper was falling off. I am currently in dispute with the company.

Here's a link for the one I've got, but it's gone up in price a bit now.

http://www.blackvue.co.uk/index.php/online-shop/blackvue-products/blackvue-dr380g-hd-with-gps-detail

Diggy,

1. I do as it's mounted discretely in the windscreen and practically invisible from outside.

2. Mine is plugged into the cigarette lighter so if I want I can unplug it.

3. No, the memory card cycles itself. If you have an accident it stores it in a protected file, but just to be safe I popped the card out when I had my accident.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Dash Cams. Do you have them? We have them in the 365Van and 365Car in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

T
When looking at the opportunity to work in the USA, it's obvious that we here in Britain have it...
Replies
Views
Just finished a bathroom and separate toilet yesterday. On arriving at the customers at 8am...
Replies
Views
D
Drilling a hole into a Belle bath. Fitting Victorian taps. Drill steel baths. Project fitting...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
I
I enjoy tiling very much and consider myself to be very fortunate to be doing a job that is so...
2 3
Replies
Views
L
Hi, Got these tiles from a friend of a friend who had just finished a huge job and they were...
Replies
Views
Lukeyboy
L

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB