Discuss Dewalt D24000 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

ozboz

The honeymoon is over with this new machine, it is good , but there are few things that need sorting. With the 300x300 stuff , no probs, but I needed some angle cuts from 600x600, seriously limited, as has been mentioned, distance between motor head and arm, also the rolling bed is not long enough. Anyway, the job I am doing is at a precision engineering place, they manufacture stuff for RR Aero Engines, the MD took interest in my claims and being a Mechanical Engineer, has come up with some modifications, along with fullabeers laser addition, I think that between all us dewalt owners, we should end up with the ultimate wet cutter !! . I also mentioned the profile wheels, they have similar in there for precision grinding, they make the wheel and get the diamond coating done elsewhere, so , does any one know what grit these things usually have ? I will put it to them, obv the more the cheaper !! anyway watch this space ! seeya Steve aka ozboz

H

Homza

Re: dewalt 2400

I have one, great saw for the weight and price. In US it has a 1 year all inclusive warranty and 3 year limited warranty. After a 1 1/2 years of careful use I had to send it in for repairs. Needed new bearings and armature. Worst part is not covered under warranty, DeWalt considered that normal wear and tear :mad2:
Think they need an improved version that is made strictly for professional tilers that has better components, keep the current model for diy's and carpenters that do tile occasionally.
But until they come out with a better version I can't find a better saw for the price.

Reply to Dewalt D24000 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Q
A customer asked me to lay a run of travertine window sill tiles with a half bullnose to match...
Replies
Views
A
hi i am selling my Dewalt D24000 110v tile saw mark2 version for £500-00p it was bought from...
Replies
Views
Aston
A
A
Hi I am selling a Dewalt d24000, 110v with stand and 2 new porcelain blades for £550-00p...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
A
Theres a few of us on here who have been looking at the various 'bullnosing profile wheels that...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
F
Hi I've decided to go with the Dewalt D24000 tile saw and thought a thread to discuss hints/tips...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Dewalt D24000
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.