UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Dewalt D24000 hints / tips and accessories thread in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

fulabeer

Ok, next up, adjusting the roller/bed guide.
This may be done if your cuts are not perfectly straight, or the rear of the cutting wheel is catching the tile.

When i first used my D24000, the cut was perfect.
I noticed after a while, one side (the right-hand side) of the tile cut was starting to get very slightly ragged.
On closer inspection, i could see the tile was (very slightly) touching the rear of the cutting wheel.
Because the rear of the wheel has a "upwards" action, it was chipping the glaze slightly.
I assume this is just the machine bedding in, and should be ok after adjustment.

So i thought i would adjust the guide rail.
It's a simple job, and you use the allen key provided.

Because your guide rail/bed should be near enough accurate in the first place, you shouldn't need a set square.
If it is far out, just use a set square first, and then micro adjust afterwards.
I'm talking about a very fine adjustment, just to get the cutting wheel 100% true.

In my case the tile was slightly rough to the rightside cut, so i reasoned that the guide rail needed adjusting a little to the left.

First thing to do is mark the current position.(also remove the slide/cutting bed!)
This pic shows where i marked mine.(using a pencil)

IMG_0430.jpg

You have to slacken the four screw holding the guide rail. They might be stiff, but they will loosen.
This pick shows one of the screws.

IMG_0432.jpg

Here is the front screw. (you must slacken all four!)
IMG_0433.jpg

To actually adjust the rail, use the side mounted dial/button. (shown here)
IMG_0434.jpg

It is easy to see how much you are adjusting the rail as long as you pre marked the rail platform!
I moved my rail 1mm to the left. It was enough to sort my problem completely.

Once you are happy, just re-tighten the four screws.
Have a go at cutting a tile, and see if it needs more or less....:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
A

astute1

Qustion about the slide table ruler. Is it in metric, one of the photos of it I noticed an inch measurement on it. I assumed as they were being sold in the UK the ruler would be metric.

I am thinking seriously about privately importing one to NZ, They are not available here or Australia, the 240 v supply there is the same as nz. Spoke to Dewalt NZ who stated that they were not looking to import then any time in the forsseable future. Also If they didnt import then they would not assist in warranty or parts. So I will have to forgo the warranty. ( were really helpful " not " Looks like a really great machine though and worth the effort

F

fulabeer

It has both.
I would have preferred it if they also had 1mm markers.
But it does work as a rough guide, which should be double checked with a tape measure. (or laser if one is fitted!)

IMG_0444.jpg

It is one machine that would be worth the effort to import.
I've never had such accurate and consistent cuts in my life.
It is an absolute joy to use, and very easy to clean. (with hose pipe!)
I am having to rethink some of my (large tile) cuts due to the bridge arm on the left.(used to a overhead bridge saw)
Otherwise, it is near perfect.

H

Homza

Last edited by a moderator:
F

fulabeer

I had chance to use the "plunge" feature in anger this week.
I had got used to notching out (for u shaped cuts) with a series of cuts. Then grinding sideways to smooth them out.
The kitchen i'm on has loads of sockets and switches on the splash backs.

Well i have to say i'm amazed how easy and how time saving having a plunge cut is.
What used to take 10/15 mins (with one or two ruined tiles) is now done in two.
Not only that, but the results are perfect.

This machine just seems to get better and better with each use!

Reply to Dewalt D24000 hints / tips and accessories thread in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Q
A customer asked me to lay a run of travertine window sill tiles with a half bullnose to match...
Replies
Views
Q
    • Winner
    • Informative
Following on from the discussion in another thread about not fitting ceramic tiles in a shower/...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
R
Hi, i'm looking at buying a proper all singing and dancing tile cutter, hopefully one that will...
Replies
Views
Aston
A
Hi.. Here is my review on the Dewalt D24000 Tile saw i got from Trade tiler. coupled with the...
Replies
Views
I
Guys, I know it's an old chesnut on what's a good tile cutter, I have read most of those...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.