UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Dewalt D24000 hints / tips and accessories thread in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Whats the difference between the mark 1 and 2 models? Just the flange?

Where the main arm of the machine is bolted to the base. this on Mk1 versions was just the four bolts. Over time if those bolts were not tightened then a small amount of movement could be noticeable in the arm. This of course woul lead to inaccurracy in the cutting. The Mk2 version has the 4 bolts plus 2 locating pegs to stop that movement.

Well thats what I was told anyway. There were other minor improvements but I cant remember what they were now.

A

astute1

My dewalt 24000s is now sitting in Customs awaiting clearance. I am very exited as I should have it within the week. Just want to say a big online thankyou to David and Katrina at Tradetiler for all of there assistance in getting it out of the uk and on a plane down under. Wish we had a supplier like Tradetiler who's focus
was on the tradesman as much as the punters buying tiles.

thanks heaps

F

fulabeer

Thought I would update this thread.

The D24000 has been outstanding.

I'm just in the middle of a travertine bathroom, and this is making my life so easy.
I especially like putting a slight bevel on the edges of the corner joints.
Looks so neat and the customer loves it.

When I first got the D24000, I had just come from a QEP overhead bridge saw.
"L" cuts were easy, as there was no "arm" to get in the way.
I quickly came unstuck with the larger tiles.
Certain "L" cuts would foul the arm, and I had to resort to turning the tile over.
This brought it's own problems, as I couldn't see the cut line on the tiles face.

I did find a solution (that I'm sure most on here know any way), but I thought I would post in case anybody else was struggling!

Cut as much as the arm will allow.
The D24000 has a plunge cut facility. All that was needed was to lift the cutting wheel, turn the tile around and then plunge back into the "cut line".
You then cut "backwards" if that makes sense? You use the other side of the wheel to cut.

Either way, it makes "L" cuts to large tiles a doddle and accurate again...

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jasmine Tiling

Ive had my dewalt for 6 months now. Its a great machine. I first used it on a job where the client wanted limestone mitered around door linings. After that i was glad to spend out on this machine.

Well a couple of weeks ago i just finished my 10m2 hallway at home in travetine with uheat ufh. The missis then wanted 150mm skirting to match rest off house instead of stone skirting! Having 6 external 45s i went down to the tool shop to look at chop saws. Saw the price then asked about putting a timber blade on my dewalt 2400 "wont fit mate " so i brought it anyway. Found a shim at home and it fitted a treat. Put a tescos bag over pump and 2 hours later and 5 tubes gripfiil

A

astute1

Have had my dewalt 24000 for a month now after importing it to new zealand thru tile trader. Well worth the money to get it out here. I am continuously amazed by its accuracy. I have never really had a wetsaw in my arsenal of tile equipment, always being put off by the sheer size of carting them from job to job, but the dewalt has sorted that out. I am finding the saw provides me with so many more options and provides the confidence to attempt cuts I could not have imagined. I dont think it has increased the speed with with I operate but it has definitely improve accuracy and cut down the dust factor. I believe also it will be a factor in increasing my income by allowing me to price jobs at a higher rate. You know the story, if you turn up looking professional, having invested in high quality tools to carryout the installation. You are saying, "I am serious about my profession, I care about my reputation and the quality of work I do. Therefore I am in a different league than the other tilers you have had look at your job, that is why you are prepared to pay a higher price." You have to have the ability to convert that into results of course. Anyway thanks to Tilers Forum and to Tile Trader for introducing me to this fabulous piece of equippment

Q

Qwerty

Loving my Dewalt however I feel that there are two things it could benefit from...
1- Laser
2- Better steel rule

I would be very interested of any laser products, photos or people's installs on their D24000

I would also be interested if there are any different steel measurement guides (clearer and which takes 1/2mm increments right up to the edge of the cutting bed).

Photos of any modifications would be good

Q

Qwerty

Well I have just received a laser, battery pack, CNC alloy mounting bracket and shrink tubing from an engineering firm to fit to my Dewalt.
I only have to get an L-shaped bracket fabricated to mount it all on the machine now. That should be completed in the next week or so.
I will post up pics to show you how it go's.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362225623.825129.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362225647.603615.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362225665.038752.jpg

G

Gazzer

Well I have just received a laser, battery pack, CNC alloy mounting bracket and shrink tubing from an engineering firm to fit to my Dewalt.
I only have to get an L-shaped bracket fabricated to mount it all on the machine now. That should be completed in the next week or so.
I will post up pics to show you how it go's.
View attachment 50002 View attachment 50003 View attachment 50004

Thats exactly the same as I had , I cant say I found it useful though and never use it now. If I had known you could have had mine.

Reply to Dewalt D24000 hints / tips and accessories thread in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Q
A customer asked me to lay a run of travertine window sill tiles with a half bullnose to match...
Replies
Views
Q
    • Winner
    • Informative
Following on from the discussion in another thread about not fitting ceramic tiles in a shower/...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
R
Hi, i'm looking at buying a proper all singing and dancing tile cutter, hopefully one that will...
Replies
Views
Aston
A
Hi.. Here is my review on the Dewalt D24000 Tile saw i got from Trade tiler. coupled with the...
Replies
Views
I
Guys, I know it's an old chesnut on what's a good tile cutter, I have read most of those...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.