Discuss fast tiling in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

just been catching up with this thread and it seem to be moving towards a discussion about pricing a job and if fixed price ,might the client think too expensive if done very quickly.
For myself if i employ anyone to do work at my house i do get a few quotes and make my decision based not just on price but how they come across about doing job.i do probably work out in my head what chosen contractor may have earnt for the job but i have made my decision and i wont get stressed about it .
but it does bring up an interesting question which may have been debated before .
this being that i do not believe that a good tiler time served or not should ever give a day rate with the exception of taking up an old floor and not knowing how to make good till subfloor revealed before you can retile.
I will start a new thread as i dont want to hijack this one and expalin why i think this way>

Billy Duggan that brings back memories.
aye Phil the one and only billy duggan,boy did he give me a dogs life as they say,a nasty man he was,had me working all crazy hours weekends ,nights late nights ,you name it we had to do it,the thing is though he didnt used to ask,he would tell you that you was working,because he was a workaholic he thought all who worked for him should also be but there was only him making any money oh the tales i could tell about that person ( cant call him a man as he wasnt one,just a bully),but i learnt one hell of a lot from him i have to say

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to fast tiling in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, Will I be setting myself up to fail if I use the Dunlop CF-03 Flexible Fast Set Tile...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are in the process of having a new kitchen fitted and as part of the job we included...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB