Discuss Fibre slc thickness on wet ufh in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
Similar ! Is that on like on a Marmox board or is that the primer on the surface !!!! This stuff is hdfoam comp with a alliminum deflector on it . This is the link mate have a look !! Installing the JG Overfit System - YouTube

Looks like the video recommends cement board like I posted earlier.

thog looking at th above picture. Self levelling along with a good primer will cut the depth down by 20mm

I

Ian

Fantastic ! Now for on top ! What was the tile And was it ditra matted over the screed !! Thanks

Ditra then travertine

yjuja9y8.jpg

Annoyingly, I don't have a pic of the finished floor! I was there again today and the floor is in perfect condition still, it's only been down a couple of months but, good signs.

M

Midlandceramics

Looks like the video recommends cement board like I posted earlier.

thog looking at th above picture. Self levelling along with a good primer will cut the depth down by 20mm
I'd take no notice of there instalation methods mate !! They haven't got a clue . I was using the video to show the product !! I've spoke to there tech 3 times and there rep and all don't know what there on about !

I

Ian

No probs ! this is the way I was going to do it after ignoring there spec ! So yeh was just after the mm of slc but 5-10 mm looks ok !! Relief to find someone who has laid trav on this system ! And on this way ! Wonda floor are far more informative and have got there spec bang on !! Speed fit needs to sort there stall out !!

I had a lengthy chat with one of their tech team before I started the job,they are very clued up on the products that need to be used and, to be fair, the floor is rock solid as a result of using the recommended products. They knew all about ditra and S1/S2 adhesives so, had obviously tried and tested their product.

M

Mr Tiler

Ash, cement boards must be glued & screwed to the substrate,
How will he achieve this with ufh?

moment of madness mate lol. was thinking with the slc down fixing the boards down through the insulation to the substrate would provide a suitable tiling surface... but thinking about it if the slc has nothing to cling to it is not very effective at all is it.

Reply to Fibre slc thickness on wet ufh in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views
hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
Hi, We currently have travertine floor tiles with wet UFH underneath. Some of the tiles have...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB