Discuss Fibre slc thickness on wet ufh in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

did you install the drain mate? its not there before the ufh went down was it? cant see properly tho and whats the addy in the corners was it levled again once ditra went down in those corners?

I didn't install the drain. It was there first, UFH fitted around it. The ditra was SLC'd before tiling I think the bits in the picture are leftover adhesive from sticking the mat down. Every process had to be very accurate so that the tiles ended up flush with the drains and the falls into them worked.

I

Ian

now this is in my head so I don't know how well this is going to go... but did you do half way through the room with slc over the ufh and once that set done the other side and carried on using that type of method in order to create a fall?

I can't reveal my secrets, I'd have to kill you :) It's really hard to explain, I do create the falls with the SLC, but do it all in one hit using packers to get the falls in. The packers are put in first.

I

Ian

ok bri wouldn't mind seing this job finished too! :thumbsup:

Been back today and got a few pics of the finished room just for you Ash
e7egyned.jpg
a8usasy7.jpg
zahy5ury.jpg
yjy9aheg.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Fibre slc thickness on wet ufh in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views
hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
Hi, We currently have travertine floor tiles with wet UFH underneath. Some of the tiles have...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB