Discuss Gym rats. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
Been meaning to get more healthy this year, by cutting down the drink and snacks but just can't get started! Play a bit of football once a week , but that's about it ! Never seem to have time , with work and the kids!

I use to say I never had time , it's an excuse TBO lol.. You have to make time and get into a routine.

Somerset
There are a lot of experts out there who want to tell you how to extend your life, improve its quality, and empty your wallets.

I say that happiness is the key to a good life, and happiness comes from balance. If it makes you happy to weight train, cycle, swim or run, do it (if it does not make you happy then why the hell do it?). If you do exercise to excess it may be as counterproductive as not doing it at all - there is a reason why top sportsmen (and women) all have personal physios. IMHO though, its those who do no exercise that do most harm to themselves, especially when linked to a sedentary working life.

Been a swimmer, a long distance runner, and a gym monkey. Enjoyed it all. Now I work a physically demanding job, and walk the dogs. Too much running made my knees unable to cope with protracted heavy exercise, so the muscles are going south, and shrinking. But I am happy, I have a strong heart and excellent blood pressure.

I note you guys are also on very high protein diets - that's good if you are in control of it, but it can be as harmful as drinking too much alcohol, unless it is a professionally controlled diet.

This is not to put anyone off of any form of exercise either as a hobby or a passion. Just keep a balance as with all things in life.

Somerset
Incidentally, my plasterer is a long time body builder, same age as me and still doing competitions. When he diets for a competition we laugh at the regime he puts himself through, but fair play - he loves it and he has an excellent shape to show for it and a lot of trophies to boot.

The balance thing came about from experience of friends taking too many steroids, coping with addictions and serious health issues from over training.

Gotta say that you (Dave) look in excellent shape - better than your brother too. So its been worth the effort for you to train.

J

Just Rizzle

must admit dave you looked like if you had a bathroom to do you would prefer it in a bungalow to a house at the top of the staires. and I applaud you for your effort to loose the weight it cant of been easy.
I used to go to the gym 3 x a week till 3 yrs ago, but since I stoped and as you know i have put on a few pounds . last month though decided to do some thing about it so ive gone and got my self a bike but have been on a project near Beverley so not been on it yet ,although had a massive work out on the job last week unloaded 8 crates of limestone 900x600 slabs and laid them all in 5 days I still out did our chris and hes a gym rat 6days a week plus muay thai twice a week
good luck and keep up the routine

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Gym rats. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all, Hope you can help a newbie. Basically renovating for the last 5 months and having...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
J
Hi everyone. I am brand new to the forum - in fact this is the first time I have ever posted...
Replies
Views
Julie Hoyle
J
M
Hi all, I've had to come to the arms now to get a definitive solution to a problem I'm having...
Replies
Views
MW Smith Ceramics
M
J
Hi guys, We bought our first house in 2012 and, like most first houses, it was in a terrible...
Replies
Views
J
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB