Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss How Many Of You, Use Topps Tiles? in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I always try and supply tiles where possible, Just bought a pallet load for a job and made £300 before I even stepped in the customers house, also saved him £300 as well buying by the pallet. If I got close to the VAT threshold I would just not supply the tiles, but get the supplier to pass on my discount directly to the customer and they are more than happy to do that.

Only used tiles from Topps when I have tried to match up some 20 year old ceramics for a shower cubicle and they had some close enough to do the job, colour and size were virtually spot on, but would never want to step over their threshold really.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
But anyhow, back on topic - for me Topps is the only supplier near to me that have everything I need (usually)
There are a couple of merchants, but they only sell Evostik products and they are awful to use.
I agree with most that they are expensive, not on all things but trims and some of the grouts can be pricey - and yes most don't know what there talking about, but as I am nowhere near a CTD branch, I'm a bit stuck really.

Isn't there a Jackson Shipley near you StevieBoy. I thought they supplied addy and grout.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
I always try and supply tiles where possible, Just bought a pallet load for a job and made £300 before I even stepped in the customers house, also saved him £300 as well buying by the pallet. If I got close to the VAT threshold I would just not supply the tiles, but get the supplier to pass on my discount directly to the customer and they are more than happy to do that.

Only used tiles from Topps when I have tried to match up some 20 year old ceramics for a shower cubicle and they had some close enough to do the job, colour and size were virtually spot on, but would never want to step over their threshold really.
Spot on John. .....customer gets a bit of discount. ...There happy......I make a bit so I'm more than happy.....get a deposit off them so your not even risking your own money......and on big orders the suppliers I use will even deliver to site......No hassle at all imo...:)

S

StevieBoy

As above, i'm in the middle of nowhere as far as suppliers go. My local Topps are really good guys, however I have to agree regarding the discount structure. It is the most idiotic thing, use us a bit and you will only get a bit, use us a lot and you may get more..... should just be trade or not. You can always push and get a deal no matter where you get your products though. My nearest CTD is towards Cambridge. Bedford is a craphole for any suppliers, it does my head in. That said CTD have bought out Tile Depot and they have a branch in MK, so there is a glimmer of hope.
That's the problem I have - other than Topps there just isn't anyone closer.

There's a Tile Trend, a Presley's and a Tile Giant - but all too far away really.

Maybe I'll move lol

P

p4ulo

I use Topps, I have been lucky I guess, staff know there stuff and they are a nice bunch.
Plenty of "proper tilers" seem to come out of the woodwork for their Trade-Nights though eh? Amazing what a free tub of Green Star and some crappy samples can do!!
I really like their trade rapid set flexible adhesive, lovely product to mix and spread...
Yeah, trims are expensive, that's what Ebay is for I guess?!

As the owner of a local independent tile shop, I am able to offer lower retail prices with higher discounts, for better products. I buy tiles direct from Spain and Italy, as well as using UK wholesalers. The margins put on by Topps are high, and their price promise is only based on the exact same tile - so they ask factories to tweak tiles slightly to get round that, or demand UK rights to the tile. I used to sell a tile via a UK wholesaler for £39.95sqm and it was £65sqm in Topps. Then all of a sudden, my wholesaler wasn't allowed to import it anymore.

I've heard many horror stories about Topps over the years - but the public will always have this blind faith in a large company, and it baffles me. I was recommended to a couple by their builder once, they never came to see me despite being open 7 days a week, and they would have drove past me to get to Topps!

I'm surprised CTD are getting such a big vote, the tile distribution side is useless! Maybe they put more effort into servicing the trade guys?

Reply to How Many Of You, Use Topps Tiles? in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
The wife wants to renew kitchen wall and floor tiles and we have been looking for a few weeks...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Been using Topps flexi rapid set for my floor tiling, however just recently had a few problems...
Replies
Views
ECOTEC
E
N
Replies
Views
newuser
N
Hi all, I found this forum yesterday and after some thorough reading was really impressed by...
Replies
Views

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
How Many Of You, Use Topps Tiles?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies
Unsolved
--

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond